Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Change of HRT  (Read 439 times)

Tomato

• First Flush
Change of HRT
« on: February 16, 2023, 12:51:28 PM »

Hi, I’m new to a forum and not good with technology so forgive me if I press a wrong button. In the last 3 weeks ive been changed to an evorel 50 patch and a utrogestan 100mg tablet due to constant bleeding on a estradiol norithisone tablet wheel. The question is, with the first tablet only hrt all the symptoms eased quickly but with this new treatment after 3 weeks I’m still getting hot flushes and night sweats, don’t sleep well, have headaches and feel quite low in mood and motivation to do anything, is this normal with the tablet and patch type and will it take longer or should it have sorted those symptoms out by now thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Change of HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 01:14:59 PM »

It's Trial and Error.  Hopefully someone who takes HRT will be along.  Or U could put the product names into the search box individually to see if threads pop up.  Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 02:14:08 PM »

Can you give us some background? Are you meno (1year without a bleed) or peri? How long have you been on hrt? Age?

Tomato

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 05:29:29 PM »

Thanks my background is I’m menopause from may 20 at 54, was on antidepressants for hot flushes for a year didn’t help much,  went on to  the first tablet august 21, after a month started bleeding and kept bleeding till July 22 had tests to check for any thing dodgy, all clear, was off HRT from November 22 till this month all symptoms came back now 56 been on the patch and tablets for 3 weeks not bleeding but all other symptoms don’t seem to be getting any better if things should be getting better then I’ll go back to the doctor