Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT no longer working??  (Read 933 times)

Caroline Mackenzie

HRT no longer working??
« on: February 13, 2023, 08:09:42 PM »

Hi there,hoping some of you might have experience of this.
I've been on everol sequi for about a year now and it's been amazing but recently I've been having heavy "breakthrough" bleeds and now my mood is on the floor,really sore breasts,spotting,bloating joint pains..basically everything I felt before HRT??
I'm 53 in April.
Is this just a menopause blip or could my hrt patches not be working properly anymore, booked doc app but not for another 10 days!
It feels like constant bad PMT??
Usually when I'm on the progesterone patches I don't feel as good but once I'm back on the estrogen ones I quickly perk up again but not now??
Any help would be great,struggling just now,feel like a zombie trudging through the day!! X

discogirl

Re: HRT no longer working??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 08:49:02 PM »

hi caroline

im sorry your struggling at the moment.

I believe that when you've been on a certain regime for so long your body can get used to it.

using a different type of hrt may work for you. however other more experienced ladies will be along to give more help.

hang in there we have to all believe that this will get easier.take care xx

Caroline Mackenzie

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 12:48:10 PM »

Thankyou,it was all so good for a while,I'll see what my doc says on the 23rd..
It really is such an insane roller coaster!! Xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 02:05:34 PM »

IMO it's more likely to be your own hormones, you can get huge spikes and troughs in peri. As you progress towards meno it isn't unusual to need a higher dose as you produce less yourself but the sore breasts would indicate you have much atm rather than too little. At one time my own pmt symptoms could last a month before I bled.

Caroline Mackenzie

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 02:25:56 PM »

Yes I think you're right,hadn't really factored my own hormones in the mix too.
I've had a bit more spotting and period like pains today and suddenly feel less dreadful,especially my mood feels much lighter,so it would make sense that it's a spike of my own making!!! I'd kind of assumed my own hormones had dwindled away so just a surprise to feel so bad so quickly!! God you live and learn with all this, will still check in with doc though! I started my periods at 15 so maybe I'll be a late finisher ?? Thanks for the help, feel a lot less bonkers today xx

Fusseh

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 03:03:15 PM »

Hi Caroline
I can only tell u my experiences
I have stuck with Evorel sequi for 4 years, and experienced some (small) peaks and (bigger) troughs over that time which I put down to my own rollercoaster hormones, but these have levelled out over time (I'm 50).

I see lots of women change hrt a number of times and whilst that's right for some, I didnt want to change as I really needed as much stability as possible and didn't want to risk the small gains I had made.

The main symptoms I wanted to control were psychological (suicidal thoughts etc) and overall these have lessened dramatically each year. I figure ES is giving me a minimum amount and my own hormones kick in every now and then to spice things up. I try to ride these (usually very short) periods as overall I am doing much better.

I occasionally break into a pack and put on an extra half patch of estrogen if things are bad. These times are less frequent now. I keep a mood diary (Daylio app) so I have real data to go by rather than vague memories which can be misleading, so I can see the overall improvements.

Now, overall, I am glad I have stuck with it, but there are times when I wonder (usually in a dip!) Should I change to conti. Its a big step for me, I'm holding off so far.
Good luck