Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pain left side and back  (Read 986 times)

trandall

Pain left side and back
« on: January 03, 2023, 05:35:49 PM »

I have recently started getting pain in my side and back left side, after some GP visits and checks for other issues related to this worry I’m stumped but people have said menopause can cause rib pain anyone know this symptom ?

Flossieteacake

Re: Pain left side and back
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 05:40:14 PM »

Yes, There are many posts about this pain on here. I have no idea of the cause but it seems to happen to many members. Actually, I had left rib pain yesterday.

trandall

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 06:45:35 PM »

Thanks Flossicake good to know I’m not alone GP is honest and says he has no clue but I worry sometimes due to health anxiety so glad to share

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 06:49:21 PM »

I can understand that. Menopause seems to cause a lot of odd symptoms.

Ayesha

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 07:02:09 PM »

I had exactly the same symptoms but on my right side. After all the scans the hospital consultant put it down to a muscular/skeletal problem.
Four years on and after a physio assessment I am doing pilates exercises to straighten my back muscles. All part of the aging process but the exercises are definitely having an effect, although the pain is still there it’s not so severe and debilitating as it once was.

I have realised that as I age exercise is a very important part of my daily/weekly routine.

trandall

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 05:57:59 AM »

Thanks you all it does help to rationalise things knowing others have this too and I am aware that I do need a more relevant exercise as at the moment I work from home and walking is the only type of exercise I am doing thanks ladies

canadagirl

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 06:30:49 PM »

I would love to know the answer to this because I definitely have left sided pain in my ribs and left flank.  I had a bout of costochondritis a few years back so I keep thinking this is that but nothing really seems to help. 

HannonNY

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 10:18:00 PM »

Hello -  you may want to rule out diverticulitis.  I had this a few months ago and had pain on my left side that wrapped around to my back.  I also had mild bladder symptoms along with it.  Good luck!