Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Feeling at the end of the road  (Read 2805 times)

discogirl

Re: Feeling at the end of the road
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2023, 08:56:40 PM »

I can’t help thinking that your tinnitus would have started long ago if it was down to loud noise. The fact that it’s recently started makes me think it’s another cause, maybe hormonal or emotional, and that therefore it is reversible. I hope you don’t mind me saying this, it’s just my thoughts and want to reassure you. But as you said it’s not too intrusive so that’s good as well. Xxx

hi kathetine

i want your help and advice its been very gratefully received.

and maybe however in 2020/21 i used to listen to a lot of music when i was working out that msy have tipped it. thing is it did go away last year and i still had trouble sleeping which is what led me to hrt.

about a month after i increased to 4 my tinnitus started again. all very strange xxx

Katherine

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2023, 09:56:45 PM »

That actually sounds encouraging.. if it went away then it suggests the music is not the cause. I suspect it’s hormonal. Someone told me recently that the covid jab gave them tinnitus, or covid itself I can’t remember, and their tinnitus went away. I think tinnitus is usually temporary. Xxx

discogirl

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2023, 06:58:01 AM »

That actually sounds encouraging.. if it went away then it suggests the music is not the cause. I suspect it’s hormonal. Someone told me recently that the covid jab gave them tinnitus, or covid itself I can’t remember, and their tinnitus went away. I think tinnitus is usually temporary. Xxx

hi katherine

thanks so much for your support.

took the utro orally again and it didnt sedate me it seemed to make very little difference really.

i dont know whether to perserve with it for a few more nights or take it during the day xxx

Katherine

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2023, 09:13:51 AM »

Hi discogirl, I would give it time to work, I don’t feel sleepy or sedated as such when I take it, it’s very subtle, but it helps me fall asleep, stay asleep and to sleep deeply and wake up feeling rested. I think you need to take it longer to feel the benefits. I’ve realised that the ‘anaesthetised’ feeling I get happens during the second half of my cycle when my own progesterone is rising.

discogirl

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2023, 09:34:55 AM »

Hi discogirl, I would give it time to work, I don’t feel sleepy or sedated as such when I take it, it’s very subtle, but it helps me fall asleep, stay asleep and to sleep deeply and wake up feeling rested. I think you need to take it longer to feel the benefits. I’ve realised that the ‘anaesthetised’ feeling I get happens during the second half of my cycle when my own progesterone is rising.

Hi Katherine,

Yes I get that.

I'm post meno so dont have cycles, but I was planning to give it more time to work.

I wonder how long I should give it taking it this way xx

Katherine

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2023, 10:25:08 AM »

I can’t remember how long it took to work on me. I would give it a few weeks if it were me.

Madeline

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »

discogirl,

Just to let you know for me i cldnt take it during the day. I accidently forgot it at night, took it during the day, lunchtime and it completely sedated me. I was so lucky I wasn't driving at the time, my husband had to help me upstairs to bed .....so be careful if you are going to try in the daytime. Funnily enough when I take it at night I have a very restless nights sleep, go figure. I have taken it both ways. I do find I prefer vaginally as it stays clear of  your liver, but it is stronger as katherine said orally, for me anyway.

maybe you are taking too much oestrogen, too much energy....hard to work this hrt out. Im on my way down from 3 pumps...had me all over the shop so went back to 2 pumps. Now I am on 1 pump have to say I was a total lunatic on 3 pumps, never again. We are all different with different body make ups, no size fits all etc.

Best of luck.x

discogirl

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2023, 03:47:12 PM »

hi madeline

thanks for your reply.

its weird isnt it this hrt business you'd think if the utrogestan didnt sedate you at night then it wouldnt during the day.

ive been taking it vaginally however i will perserve with taking it orally to see if it helps sleep.

i have come down from 4 to 3 pumps. my breasts were sore huge and felt heavy and hot and my brain in bed feels wired. so i think it was too much gel. ive only been on the 3 pumps about 5 days.

and your so right we're all different shapes and sizes and we absorb differently too.

take care xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]