Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Change of HRT regime and tummy pains and bleeding - is this normal?  (Read 684 times)

SarahtheFlower

Hi,

My meno dr has changed my estrogen/progesterone regime.   I was on 4x pumps estrogen gel and x3 progesterone tablets two weeks on and two weeks off (is that what is called cyclical?).   Now I'm still on x4 pumps, but now on x2 progesterone without a break.   Anyway, that was about 2 weeks ago.  I'm 44 and have been on HRT for just over a year now.   I've also just started on testosterone.   

Trouble is, I'm getting a bit of bleeding every day (which Dr warned might happen), but also tummy pain very low down in the abdomen (just above the pubic bone).   It ranges from a dull ache to more of a pain like a cramp.  When it first started I thought I might have a bladder infection as I found it hard to pee first thing in the morning for two days!  That's ok now though.    Also, sex is rather, e'hem, ouchy!

Has anyone experienced anything similar?   The Dr did warn me my body 'might not be ready' for the new regime.    FYI recent bloods showed my estrogen at six hundred and something or other - up from thirty something.   

Not sure what's going on with me if anyone can advise at all it would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Sarah.

Cara999

Re: Change of HRT regime and tummy pains and bleeding - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 07:41:05 PM »

Hi Sarah, can't really comment on the HRT and bleeding but the urinary symptoms and the 'ouchy' sex sounds like it could be the start of VA for which local estrogen should help. The sooner you start it the better as symptoms can get worse xxx

SarahtheFlower

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 08:06:37 PM »

Hi Cara,

Thanks, but that's not where the pain is - it's higher up - and the ouchyness isn't due to dryness...actually it's more like something is in the way - swelling maybe....?

Sarah

Cara999

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 09:21:48 PM »

Mine has never felt dry, it can be a bit of a myth that.  Well hopefully it isn't because it certainly isn't a nice thing to have 😪. Hope you soon get sorted out xxx