Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sleeping  (Read 1570 times)

Pollydollydoodle

Sleeping
« on: February 13, 2023, 02:52:52 PM »

Like many of you, my sleep pattern is dreadful and getting worse. I honestly don’t think I’ve slept for more than an hour for the last few nights.
Has anyone got any recommendations? Anyone tried magnesium spray? Px

Gnatty

Re: Sleeping
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 03:21:48 PM »

The trouble with insomnia is after a while it becomes a mental thing if you know what I mean, so our thoughts about it and the fear of not sleeping make it a lot worse. So to sort your head out there is a book I rate by Guy Meadows called the Sleep Book. I highly recommend it as a calming influence on your overwrought and worn out mind.  I don't rate any of the OTC stuff tbh once it gets engrained apart from a good quality CBD oil, takes a few days to kick in. My other suggestion would be to consider utrogestan as that side of your hrt, it helps a lot of women but not all. And finally oestrogen levels - too low or too high. Too low is generally waking up lots and unable to get back to sleep, too much and it's like you have had a bucketful of caffeine and can't even fall asleep. Again this is a generalisation and you have potentially a bit of trial and error. You haven't had a nasty virus by any chance, I think that can screw up your levels sometimes? It's awful I know but I went through a terrible month where I thought my ability to sleep was totally fucked and now I am ok again. You will be too x

Nas

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 04:45:00 PM »

In the same boat with sleep.
It’s totally fucked to pieces ( sorry for language but I am SO done with the bloody menopause!!).

The OTC stuff doesn’t work for me at all any longer ( it used to ).

Ive bought so many products to supposedly help with sleep and not one has worked. It truly sucks 🤦‍♀️😴

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 05:21:44 PM »

The trouble with insomnia is after a while it becomes a mental thing if you know what I mean, so our thoughts about it and the fear of not sleeping make it a lot worse. So to sort your head out there is a book I rate by Guy Meadows called the Sleep Book. I highly recommend it as a calming influence on your overwrought and worn out mind.  I don't rate any of the OTC stuff tbh once it gets engrained apart from a good quality CBD oil, takes a few days to kick in. My other suggestion would be to consider utrogestan as that side of your hrt, it helps a lot of women but not all. And finally oestrogen levels - too low or too high. Too low is generally waking up lots and unable to get back to sleep, too much and it's like you have had a bucketful of caffeine and can't even fall asleep. Again this is a generalisation and you have potentially a bit of trial and error. You haven't had a nasty virus by any chance, I think that can screw up your levels sometimes? It's awful I know but I went through a terrible month where I thought my ability to sleep was totally fucked and now I am ok again. You will be too x

sorry to drop in but thats really helped me.

im going to order the book.

do you know if i can take cbd oil with amity xxxx

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 05:49:49 PM »

Do you mean amitriptyline? I have a friend who takes both, but might be worth just checking properly!

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »

yes and thanks Gnatty i will do.

ive just ordered the book xxx

Gnatty

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 06:11:59 PM »

Hope it helps! It calmed me right down x

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 06:19:50 PM »

Hope it helps! It calmed me right down x
[/quote

thanks Gnatty i'll let you know how i get on with the utro orally at night as well xxx

Cara999

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 07:34:10 PM »

My sleep isn't great either, recently started cbd oil and starpowa sleep gummies, I'm now sleeping better, still wake up sometimes but I am now managing to drop back off xxx

Nas

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 08:20:32 PM »

What cbd oil do you use Cara? I’ve been looking at so many different ones of late!

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 08:40:12 PM »

What cbd oil do you use Cara? I’ve been looking at so many different ones of late!

hi nas

i wouldnt mind trying the cbd oil myself. if you do find one thst works could you let me know.

thanks xxx

Nas

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2023, 08:49:33 PM »

hi nas

i wouldnt mind trying the cbd oil myself. if you do find one thst works could you let me know.

thanks xxx

Will do disco. Trouble is, what works for one, doesn’t work for the other ( typically). Bit like hrt.

We can but try! X

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2023, 08:59:31 PM »

hi nas

thanks xxx

Will do disco. Trouble is, what works for one, doesn’t work for the other ( typically). Bit like hrt.

We can but try! X

true. my hubbys just said he has some. its still ok so i may ring pharmacy to make sure it doesnt interact with my amitrypline.

if i do use it i shall let you know xxx

Gnatty

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2023, 09:41:43 PM »

The one I use is Evopure Sleep. Would be interesting to pool resources on this as I'm sure some work better than others and it can be expensive to just keep trying different ones.

sheila99

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2023, 11:49:18 PM »

Buy a flock of sheep. By the time I get to bed at 4.30am I can usually get to sleep (we're lambing). Then someone thumps along the landing at 7am and wakes me up again  >:(.
My insomnia was from oestrogen deficienc, mostly OK after 3 months on HRT but I still don't sleep as soundly as I used to.
Pages: [1] 2