Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT not helping dryness at all  (Read 1511 times)

Tinkerbell

Re: HRT not helping dryness at all
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2023, 03:18:26 PM »

I am on 4 pumps of Oestrogel, plus Vagifem and Ovestin everyday to just control VA.

annie79

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2023, 03:42:57 PM »

Thank you all - lots of knowledge! I think I know now not to try to chase this elusive dream that the gel/patch can somehow fix this problem too. I was sure it would, but obviously it doesn't for everyone.

KirstyChase - the issue is that dryness feels a lot like thrush. My itching went when the dryness went - but this involves lots of intervention by me to keep everything from drying out. I did have thrust about 8 times in 4 months, I treated it vigorously and it kept coming back - I was, for a time, convinced it was the coil...until the penny dropped (loudly), it was the dryness that was causing the thrust. Since using the treatments I haven't had thrush again.

Tinkerbell, that's a lot of stuff! I am on 3 pumps and the Vagifem and Ovestin everyday too. Its hard work  :-\

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2023, 05:24:46 PM »

Hi Annie, Just a thought but l have read  that some women have absorption problems with the gel, have your other symptoms (besides the dryness) been eased significantly?
Pages: 1 [2]