Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I feel like I am losing myself!  (Read 4182 times)

Lisa J T

Re: I feel like I am losing myself!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »

I went and met my mum and I actually really enjoyed it and the kids loved it. The kids have actually been so Amazing with my outbursts
.. I just feel sad for them having to deal with it.
But it wont be forever... hopefully lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »

How old are they, do you mind me asking?   Kids pick up moods from a very early age and if they aren't aware, they may be scared.  Openess helps and if they are old enough, delegate chores? ;-)

Lisa J T

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »

My eldest is 17 so she knows every thing and my youngest will be 10 next month... so luckily both old enough to understand and they have just been so understanding... even when I'm having one of my strops lol....
I just dont want this to become the new normal in our house...

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »

Maybe they should have a buzz word  ;D

Lisa J T

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2020, 06:46:45 PM »

Buzz word??

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »

They mutter a buzz word as they leave the room when you are OTT ;-).  Such as "Muuuummm " or something humorous that won't develop into an argument. 

No hurt feelings.  Everyone is aware that Mum's stressed ............  ;)

Lisa J T

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »

Yes we have a name for my menopause mood swings lol.... my youngest loves telling anyone that will listen about it aha

Sammiejane

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »

hi lisa jt

how are you feeling now ?

i've dropped my estrogen back to 2 pumps and progesterone alternate days bloating isn't as bad and my boobs aren't as heavy so shall have to see if aniexty isn't worse and hair shedding reduces and  the watery discharge dosent come back .

to early to tell if not then 2.5 pumps it is with 100 mg and will have to put up with bloating etc or stop again for a while and try something else such a mine field i?m exhausted with it all , keep me posted how u go xx

how long have you been on estrogen and have you had ovaries removed too?
which patch and dose are you on ?

much love xx

Lisa J T

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 05:46:13 AM »

Hello, yeah I am OK.... just don't like my body at all... my brests have been so sore the last 2 days as well. Yes a full hysterectomy. I started the patches about 6 weeks ago i think.... I'm wondering if after 3 months I may need a stronger dose.

What is the pump? I've never heard of that?

Do you know if its normal to feel sick every morning?

Lisa xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 10:17:06 AM »

hi lisa

yes nausea i have found is side effect of hrt , the pump i use is estrogel and after the break i took of 9 weeks i went on 2 pumps with progesterone although not needed due to hysterectomy but estrogen made me so up and down and my hair was shedding loads it still is now i to have gained weight about a stone ! i lost weight through menopause and my body shape changed to a more toned body abs appearing but now on hrt i have roll of tummy and love handles which disappeared but for me it’s my hairloss that’s the huge impact and this watery discharge . i feel better i think in myself on 2.5 pumps and daily progesterone but started to get very bloated and boobs huge and sweating from armpits that would drip so not good but the watery discharge improved ! i’ve had blood test done so will speak to gp in tuesday x i think the hrt well estrogen is causing my hairloss i had no issues prior thinned a bit temples and forehead but this now is all over nape of neck nearly bold fringe area very thin and when i was can kind of feel my scalp x but it like if i change to patch infact the one you are on estradot hairloss will still happen i guess as all estradiol ? have you had hair shedding ! x is strange cause was fine on the combined pill except headaches  x

Lisa J T

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 06:01:08 PM »

So before my op they gave me an injection to  bring on menopause and put me on HRT and my hair was falling out but since op and being on the patches it has calmed right Down.
Whats the watery discharge? I've not had any issues down there...
Omg the worst things for me that is not physical is that I
I am wondering if I will need stronger patches as I still have really bad sweats

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 06:54:06 PM »

The discharge could be normal secretions or the start of vaginal atrophy  ::)

Joanne K

• First Flush
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2023, 06:01:49 PM »

I am feeling this way today feeling like I’ve lost me, unattractive and old. Lack of motivation prevents me from doing all the little things I used to nails 💅 fake tan eyebrows etc just feel like I’ve lost interest in myself.  Have been on patches nearly 2 months defo feeling better but hoping for more improvement as time goes on. I was much worse without HRT. It’s time to work on getting back to me tho I went and took covid for 2nd time which has made my mood crash! 👎 but I will get there a bit of sunshine ☀️ and summer ahead also sure to help! Keep strong!
Pages: 1 [2]