Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Interesting article  (Read 1042 times)

Flossieteacake

Interesting article
« on: February 12, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »

Just thought I would post this article which talks about how probiotics can help when going through menopause. I found it interesting.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/a42776741/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-probiotic-hormone-connection-during-menopause/

discogirl

Re: Interesting article
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 02:43:45 PM »

Just read the article Flossieteacake.

Very interesting, I can see that taking oral probiotics could really maybe help vaginal atrophy xx

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 03:29:05 PM »

I am very late to the party regarding probiotics but since I had a bad reaction to medications recently (NHS and it’s preventative medicine policy trying to kill me off)  I have found them to be absolutely essential for my stomach health, I wouldn’t be without them now and I honestly feel so much better for taking them.

It’s better to find the right recipe for you which means doing your research. I doubt very much if probiotics would help with vaginal atrophy, it doesn’t for me but brilliant for my digestive issues.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 03:31:29 PM »

I also an unsure about probotics helping VA but I cannot do without them for my IBS. Just thought I would post this as many members struggle with digestive issues.

Madeline

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 11:27:46 PM »

This is very interesting.. Would probiotics be good for constipation.. Sorry if that's TMI and if so could you recommend a brand please x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 10:00:15 AM »

This is very interesting.. Would probiotics be good for constipation.. Sorry if that's TMI and if so could you recommend a brand please x

I am not sure but Opticbac are so helpful so perhaps you could email them to ask? I use Optibac everyday probiotics and they were very helpful to me when I emailed them.

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 11:53:02 AM »

Although I found Opticbac probiotic products very expensive for me, their website is full of interesting information to do research before buying probiotics from another supplier, which I did.

Don't know whether probiotics will be able to help with constipation but I know it stabilized my bowel movements which were very unstable due to medications I take.  Worth a try but research first what could be best for you!   

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 12:17:19 PM »

Although I found Opticbac probiotic products very expensive for me, their website is full of interesting information to do research before buying probiotics from another supplier, which I did.

Don't know whether probiotics will be able to help with constipation but I know it stabilized my bowel movements which were very unstable due to medications I take.  Worth a try but research first what could be best for you!

I agree that they are expensive. Which brand do you use? I use them as I thought they were the only brand that had the 6 strains of good bacteria. If you know a cheaper one I would love to know. :)

Ayesha

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 02:32:37 PM »

There are so many different types but I have settled on Nu U  Nutrition Bio-Cultures Complex, multi strain formula.
It works well for me and my husband who suffers from IBS.
It has 5 cultures and not 6 but might be worth a look on Amazon where I bought the above.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 02:46:26 PM »

There are so many different types but I have settled on Nu U  Nutrition Bio-Cultures Complex, multi strain formula.
It works well for me and my husband who suffers from IBS.
It has 5 cultures and not 6 but might be worth a look on Amazon where I bought the above.

Thank you. They look great and much cheaper. :)