Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hair loss  (Read 1503 times)

Spangles

Hair loss
« on: February 07, 2023, 03:38:50 PM »

Hi Ladies,
My hair has started to drop at an alarming rate! I have very fine hair but lots of it, at least I used to!
I'm post meno, has anyone else had this and if so, have you managed to make any improvements to minimise hair fall?
Thanks
Spangles
xXx

Cara999

Re: Hair loss
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 04:55:59 PM »

Hi Spangles, ive lost alot of hair and like you have fine hair 🙂 not very nice is it. I went on HRT in July and noticed in November how thin my hair had gone. I've stopped the HRT, not sure if there's was the culprit or not but wasn't taking any chances. I'm perimenopausal.

It does seem to have stopped shedding. I now take collagen powder, hair gummies, overnight hair oil and use watermans grow me shampoo xxx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 07:17:53 PM »

Mine was shedding and not being replaced very quickly so was thinning but no bald patches. GP discovered very low VitaminD. It's worth a check if you haven't had it done lately.

Taz x

violetbat

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 07:38:37 PM »

hi @spangles
I had a huge mane of very fine hair. Mid forties ( peri but no hrt) I noticed it was falling out more. Over the years I tried all sorts and had blood tests but nothing changed and nothing was flagged up as a possible issue.
My main noticeable loss was from round the front and temples.
A year or so ago ( I am now 55 and have been on hrt since 51) i had blood tests because i was so knackered all the time. All came back normal apart from my protein which was low but the dr said not to worry.
Co incidentally a little while after I started really upping my protein intake because I had started weight training. The hair loss went back to normal fall levels almost instantly as well.
Older women need much more protein than younger women.
I have also been using 'the ordinary' hair growth serum in the last couple of months and blow me but it has worked wonders at restoring my hair line. I had little hope but thought it would be worth a try. Now it is all filled in with lots of new hair.

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:48:51 AM »

Thanks for your replies ladies,
I had a lot of bloods done a couple,of months ago and everything came back ok, I’m seeing the doctor on the 21st so I’m going to ask for more. I take the maximum OTC  vitamin D daily, multi vitamin and iron too.
The Ordinary serum sound good @violetbat, how do you use it and does it make your hair look greesy?
I don’t eat milk or dairy, so I tend to eat nuts and have soya milk, not the same I know.
xXx

violetbat

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 12:55:00 PM »

It makes mine a bit greasy but since I only use it at the front I just wash my fringe area in the shower. Loads of reviews say no greasiness though🤷🏻‍♀️