Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Stopping and restarting HRT  (Read 759 times)

Kbt

• First Flush
Stopping and restarting HRT
« on: February 10, 2023, 06:05:32 PM »

Hello. I need advice asap! I’ve been on HRT (utrogestan and estradiol gel) since April and it has cured my night sweats and insomnia problems. As I’m an anxious person I never wanted to be on it long term so for past 2 weeks lowered dose in order to come off it. 3 days without it and I feel ROTTEN! Night sweats already and no sleep. Is it safe to restart it after a 3 day break??! I’m so anxious about doing the wrong thing. Any advice would be welcome.

Flossieteacake

Re: Stopping and restarting HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 06:08:09 PM »

I would restart it. It sounds like your body is confused due to the reduction in hormones. HRT can be taken for life. I hope that reassures you. :)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 06:59:57 PM »

It sounds as if HRT was working well for you and I agree with flossieteacake that restarting it would be fine.

I've been on it for 15 years. What is it that you are anxious about while taking it?

Taz x  :hug:

Kbt

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 07:20:21 PM »

Thank you both for your replies. It was working but I was anxious about increased risk of breast cancer although having done lots of reading recently I feel more reassured about risk v quality of life. My worry now is does it matter that I stopped and then am now restarting? Am I mucking around with my hormone levels??!

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 07:24:59 PM »

Kbt I did a lot of stopping and starting it as like you felt a bit anxious. Re start it 3 days is nothing xxx

Kbt

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 08:05:14 PM »

Thank you for your reassurance!