Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Newbie on here trying to find help with vaginal atrophy stmptoms  (Read 4431 times)

Kirsti

Re: Newbie on here trying to find help with vaginal atrophy stmptoms
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2023, 03:09:25 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake
Thank you so much for responding.
I have been on increased vagifem for about 3 weeks now and have started stringing coconut oil up there this week. Down there looks a bit better but I am convinced the Utrogestan is affecting my bladder and mood. I used to get pmdd which I've read can be an intolerance to progesterone, I feel so much worse in my self and with my bladder since I've been on it. I think I will stop it but carry on with the gel until I can see someone.  I have managed to book an online appointment with a menopause clinic on Monday.  I need to be ok for the funeral next Wednesday, well as I can be under the circumstances. The GP knows I feel like this, trying to get me on anti depressants and told me to get some counselling.  Thank you for your help

Flossieteacake

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 03:11:59 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake
Thank you so much for responding.
I have been on increased vagifem for about 3 weeks now and have started stringing coconut oil up there this week. Down there looks a bit better but I am convinced the Utrogestan is affecting my bladder and mood. I used to get pmdd which I've read can be an intolerance to progesterone, I feel so much worse in my self and with my bladder since I've been on it. I think I will stop it but carry on with the gel until I can see someone.  I have managed to book an online appointment with a menopause clinic on Monday.  I need to be ok for the funeral next Wednesday, well as I can be under the circumstances. The GP knows I feel like this, trying to get me on anti depressants and told me to get some counselling.  Thank you for your help

I also think the Ultrogestan is effecting your mood. Many women have difficulties with progesterone. It can be a nightmare trying to find one that can be tolarated. It is great your skin looks better as that is a sign things are already improving.

It is good you have an appointment at the menopause clinic on Monday. That is not too far away to wait.

I am glad your GP knows. In time I think counselling is going to be very helpful but I know you need to be in the right frame of mind for it.

Kirsti

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 03:13:44 PM »

Hi CLKD
My vagina etc doesn't feel too bad today,  but I feel like I need to wee constantly, it's not pressure like I had when I first had VA or when it flared up in December this is just a constant feeling that doesn't go, some days worse than others but as time goes on seems worse and worse. I'm struggling to function. Ibuprofen doesn't do anything. I feel like I am going insane which is why I am wondering if it is the Utrogestan. Thanks for responding.

Kirsti

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 03:18:24 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake
I am just panicking about what might happen 're bleeding if I stop the Utrogestan, but I think I just have to try.
I've not been bleeding as it's been continuous 100 for 3 months. I am getting dull pains on my right side and down my leg though now which I used to get years ago when I was ovulating.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 03:24:26 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake
I am just panicking about what might happen 're bleeding if I stop the Utrogestan, but I think I just have to try.
I've not been bleeding as it's been continuous 100 for 3 months. I am getting dull pains on my right side and down my leg though now which I used to get years ago when I was ovulating.

I can understand you are concerned but you have an appointment on Monday which is just a few days away. You may bleed but hopefully it will not be a heavy bleed.

Kirsti

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 03:29:37 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake
I will stop the Utrogestan tonight and see how I go. A bit of bleeding may be better than my current state.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 03:35:09 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake
I will stop the Utrogestan tonight and see how I go. A bit of bleeding may be better than my current state.

I agree. You need to focus on your mental health right now. Please keep posting for support. We are all here for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 04:39:12 PM »

Get some good pads to give you confidence in case you bleed/leak.  That's what they are designed for.  There are pads as well as pull on pants.

If a medication makes a person unwell, it's best to stop it.  There are other ways of delivering HRT and many are sensitive to progesterone .

Kirsti

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 04:56:52 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake
I will let you know how I get on x

Kirsti

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2023, 04:58:21 PM »

Thanks CLKD
Yes I'll go and get some pads just in case.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »

It will give your brain less to bother about ;-).  Have U got everything that you require for the Service?

Kirsti

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2023, 06:40:38 PM »

Hi CLKD
Yes I think I am all prepared.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2023, 06:56:23 PM »

That's good. A supportive funeral director makes a world of difference. 

Cara999

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2023, 07:36:17 PM »

Kirsti just wanted to send some love ❤️ so sorry for everything you are going through. Agree with the other ladies stop the utrogestan and see if helps with your mood xxx

Kirsti

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2023, 09:48:51 AM »

Thanks cara999 xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3