Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HELP needed  (Read 1278 times)

Harper2022

• First Flush
HELP needed
« on: March 01, 2023, 02:01:05 PM »

Hello. 

I started estrogen patches.  Progressing to progesterone tablets after two weeks.  They kept falling off and before  I even got to the progesterone, so I asked for gel.  I had no side effects apart from breast tenderness.

It took 2 weeks for the gel to come in to the chemist .  I was on 2 pumps every day for 12 days and I started getting anxiety and then headaches. I knew there was going to be some side effects so I carried on a few more days and then  started the progesterone combined which were tablet.

During this time my eyes became so dry, I had sharpe pains in them and the headaches continued .

I saw my GP who said I should come off HRT straight away.  I also saw the optician.  There was nothing obviously wrong with me eyes.

A few day later I started feeling so much better.  I went back to work and had a good weekend.  On Monday I woke up to the headaches again.  Anxiety and feeling rubbish.  I came home from work and just slept.  Yesterday I woke up worse.  I went to work, the headaches were bad but now I started feeling sick.  I tried eating and I threw it up.  I came home at 10.30 am and slept until 5pm. I went to bed at 10 and slept all night.  I woke up today feeling so rough.  Headaches, anxiety eye pain.  I couldn’t go to work again.  I’m now worried about letting my work down. Has anyone experienced this before? I also feel like I am about to get a period with pelvis pain since day 1 of starting the patches.

The headaches and eye pain are my main concern
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 02:37:02 PM by Harper2022 »

Flossieteacake

Re: HELP needed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 02:10:50 PM »

Hello Harper and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear all you have been through. Patches do not stay on me either unless I use Tegaderm dressings over them.

How long has it been since you last were on HRT? I find it can take time to find one that suits. Dry eyes are a common meno symptom and very uncomfortable. Many of us use eye drops.

Just to say, is it possible you are unwell with a bug or Covid?

Harper2022

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 02:18:41 PM »

Hi,  I have felt like this for 2 weeks so no bug. I have been off it for one week now. 

X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 02:22:14 PM »

Hi,  I have felt like this for 2 weeks so no bug. I have been off it for one week now. 

X

I just ask as Covid can last a good few weeks. I know low oestrogen can cause nausea and fatigue. I wonder if it is possible for you to try HRT again. Maybe the patches would work if you bought some Tegaderm dressings to stick over them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 03:44:14 PM »

Welcome.  As hormones rise and fall nausea can be problematic.  2 pumps initially might have been too much along with your own hormones. 

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Stop worrying about letting anyone down, if you had broken your leg???  Headaches can be debilitating.  Have U tried pain relief?  Migraines can become troublesome in peri-menopause.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, eyes, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina ....... muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

There are several ways of delivering HRT.   I would ask for a referral to a dedicated NHS menopause clinic, getting onto a waiting list sooner rather than later.  U can always cancel the appt if necessary.