Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can’t tolerate anything it seems  (Read 1455 times)

Mag22

Can’t tolerate anything it seems
« on: February 08, 2023, 08:55:45 PM »

I am severely progesterone intolerant so stopped vaginal utrogestan and as the oestrogel had sorted my tearfulness and mood swings and joint pain I stayed on it, tried Biovea progesterone cream, same response as utrogestan, severe mood crash, abdo pain feeling 100%awful so decided I would just do oestrogel till I discuss with gp
I’m considering hysterectomy, or regular scans but now it seems I can’t manage the oestrogel alone anyway. I’m bloated, knackered, itchy and feel like I’m going to have a period. Not able to keep taking it if I carry on feeling like this. Feel like I might explode and headaches which I never get   
Is hrt sometimes just not right? Would herbs help instead? I just want that bone protection and to feel less teary which the oestrogen was helpful with. I’ve already got osteoporosis and arthritis. I feel so confused. I don’t want to have a hysterectomy if oestrogel alone makes me feel this uncomfortable but is it the presence of my womb which is making me feel unwell? I think there are oestrogen receptors elsewhere so maybe I would just feel as bad , just with less achy joints🤣
Where do I go for proper advice? I don’t want to be told to try the mirena, even 20 mcg in Biovea sets me off so feels far too risky.

Thanks for reading 😬

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can’t tolerate anything it seems
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 10:11:26 PM »

Hi! a hysterectomy would mean that progesterone isn't required as part of an HRT regime.

Many are progesterone intolerant.  Bone protection is important from our teens but we aren't told that  ::).  MayB review your over all diet, making sure that you eat enough good proteins; brisk walking 10-20 mins daily or skipping will impact bones and encourage them to remain healthy.  Relaxation such as swimming, yoga, reading .........

U could ask for a bone scan, i.e. pelvis and hips is the best area as it's the densest bone. 

Herbs won't do much.  They shouldn't be used for more than 3 months at a time.

Which symptom were you needing to relieve to encourage U to take the HRT route?  Itchiness can be caused by a lack of oestrogen, it was 1 of my main symptoms  ::)

Mag22

Re: Can’t tolerate anything it seems
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 03:27:37 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I’ve had bone scans and I have severe bone loss so am on bisphosphonates, I decided to try oestrogen for multiple reasons, VA, dry eyes and skin , joint pain, increasing bouts of low mood and tearfulness which it has resolved to a large degree so I would like to keep taking it. I’m seeing a nutritionist and I’m on mega amounts of minerals and vitamins and my diet is good.
I’m just doing half a pump of oestrogel now and a half pump of Biovea and I am so far ok less itchy less bloated so will see how I go before I take further steps, maybe I just need to get used to having hormones again!