Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy-In Hindsight  (Read 12260 times)

Minusminnie

Re: Vaginal Atrophy-In Hindsight
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2023, 01:56:15 PM »

Good evening all!

We are pioneers with this treatment, and at the cusp of change, pharmaceutical companies are now seemingly ready to research,
as yet it strikes me that no one really knows what is best for all of us,
in the end we have to listen to our bodies and adjust accordingly, i will certainly be doing that, maybe 2 per day maybe just one and maybe 2 or 3 a week eventually, right now as Ayesha says it needs to be gotten under control and that is what I intend to do.
All power to us all in our sensitive decision making.xx

I'm sorry that you feel that you had to leave the forum Primrose3. Wishing you well and hope that this regime works for you.

Dierdre

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2023, 03:18:06 PM »

That's a shame, where does it say primrose3 has left, I've not read that?

Minusminnie

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2023, 03:28:41 PM »

Primrose's name has gone black and now a guest Dierdre.

Dierdre

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2023, 04:15:29 PM »

Ok thanks minusminnie.

Good evening all!

We are pioneers with this treatment, and at the cusp of change, pharmaceutical companies are now seemingly ready to research,
as yet it strikes me that no one really knows what is best for all of us,
in the end we have to listen to our bodies and adjust accordingly, i will certainly be doing that, maybe 2 per day maybe just one and maybe 2 or 3 a week eventually, right now as Ayesha says it needs to be gotten under control and that is what I intend to do.
All power to us all in our sensitive decision making.xx

Thanks primrose3 for sharing your new regime, there's hope for us all yet!

Jules

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2023, 07:33:20 PM »

Ayesha referred me back to this thread. I can't believe the problems vaginas cause. As they're crucial to reproduction of the human race, I don't understand why because it's not just older women. My problems were only noticed with sex, discharge from the irritation, UTIs, when I'm not sexually active, I don't seem to get symptoms. My GP says I will get more UTIs though if I discontinue the estrogen. I did notice the change in my vulva more. Seemed to be wasting. I was only using twice a week vagifem but am trying alternate nights plus ovestin externally every night, sometimes in the morning too because i had an examination and as someone has said, the GP unintentionally made me feel really worried with the way she was describing my bits below and i did feel like a dried up old woman.  After a month I can't say I've noticed any difference except the tissues are softer but its too soon but by applying ovestin I'm at least aware of what is there because apart from washing, I don't suppose we feel about too much down there. Going back in time, some of us wouldn't even still be alive let alone interested in a sex life so women's reproductive organs probably weren't designed to last and they wouldn'teven have experienced this. At my age, 65, my gran was an old woman. With longer lives, mother nature needs to evolve women's bits to keep in step. The rest of my body is better than some 40 year olds I know, it's my private parts that are letting the team down. I'm not sure how long I should continue with the frequency of application but I guess its trial and error.

Ayesha

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2023, 09:09:56 AM »

it's my private parts that are letting the team down. I'm not sure how long I should continue with the frequency of application but I guess its trial and error.

Vaginal Atrophy doesn't allow for you to think that way, if you don't use the treatment constantly without all the overthinking, you will never get to the other side of this condition. With constant treatment you are waiting for the aging process to be reversed, and that can take months.

I understand if you throw thrush into the battle it can make things so much more complicated but if its straight forward vaginal atrophy, the battle is not so bad and can be won, as in my case.

Jules

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2023, 09:55:26 AM »

I don't have thrush or any other problems. I'm talking about the frequency of it, not discontinuing altogether,  as I've increased the dosage. It's not over thinking, just commenting on what I've read of other people's issues on here, just discussion. But I will stick to the point in future

suzysunday

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2023, 04:09:17 PM »

I wish I had known so much more about horrible atrophy years ago.  So bloody annoyed.  Went to the doctors many times with symptoms, no help.  It really is a distressing condition.

Minusminnie

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2023, 05:43:44 AM »

I can't believe the problems vaginas cause. As they're crucial to reproduction of the human race, I don't understand why because it's not just older women.

It's VA in younger women that i can't fathom either and feel saddened that it can occur.

My problems began around age 55 if memory serves me right  ::) at a time anyway when you might begin to start expecting VA. (Well if you'd had prior knowledge but as we all know that's another story).

I'd never been on the pill or any HRT before.  Could using either be a contributary factor for bringing on VA in even younger women ??  :-\

Jules

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2023, 09:17:42 AM »

I can't believe the problems vaginas cause. As they're crucial to reproduction of the human race, I don't understand why because it's not just older women.

It's VA in younger women that i can't fathom either and feel saddened that it can occur.

My problems began around age 55 if memory serves me right  ::) at a time anyway when you might begin to start expecting VA. (Well if you'd had prior knowledge but as we all know that's another story).

I'd never been on the pill or any HRT before.  Could using either be a contributary factor for bringing on VA in even younger women ??  :-\

Mine around the same time but I didn't know at the time. I've never used HRT but was on the pill in my late teens for a very short time. I think it's probably that estrogen shelves off at different paces in different women.

Dierdre

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2023, 12:02:38 PM »

I was 54 when my periods ended but didn't get atrophy until age 59, it took 5 years for the estrogen to totally deplete. I've read even after your periods have ended you can still ovalate for a while quite randomly but not have a period, this must provide extra estrogen for a few years maybe. It's then we have to rely on the adrenal glands to produce hormones called androgens that change into oestrogen. Think my adrenal glands have packed up too  ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 12:04:19 PM by Dierdre »

Jules

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2023, 08:25:46 AM »

I was 54 when my periods ended but didn't get atrophy until age 59, it took 5 years for the estrogen to totally deplete. I've read even after your periods have ended you can still ovalate for a while quite randomly but not have a period, this must provide extra estrogen for a few years maybe. It's then we have to rely on the adrenal glands to produce hormones called androgens that change into oestrogen. Think my adrenal glands have packed up too  ;D

Mine too, though it could be worse. At least I don't have discomfort when I'm not sexually active ....yet anyway. I keep using the estrogen pessaries and cream and carry my UTI ABs with me. Used to be tampax 😊

suzysunday

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2023, 10:57:05 AM »

Everything about these problem vaginas is really disheartening.  Mines playing up again and it just takes precedence over everything.  Really really sick of it. Sorry not such a positive comment but feeling that way out.

Jules

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2023, 06:31:42 PM »

Shellyjayne - I sometimes wonder if any woman really 'sails through' completely. Possibly those who experience unpleasant symptoms early on and are able to start taking HRT have an easier time in the long run.

Systemic HRT may well have prevented you from developing such horrendous VA but many of us need to add Vagifem to systemic HRT as we get older to remain really comfortable.
My friend is 73 and had no problems. She's never been in a relationship for about 30 years though.

Mamameno0303

• First Flush
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2024, 05:21:26 PM »

Hi everyone, I am new here and do not know if I am doing this correctly or not so forgive me but I am at my wits end and feel like curling up and crying, and that is not how I am!!! I have just read ALL of the posts in this thread and "burning" and VA etc... I have been suffering for a long time now... I had a hysterectomy due to an ovarian cyst almost 4 years ago, I have one ovary left that lasted awhile providing me with what my vjay needed apparently but it finally gave up too and I have been suffering with all kinds of weird symptoms of well over a year now and not knowing what was happening until I finally pushed my endocrinologist to test my hormones.  My gynooncologist and Urogyno just kept asking me if I was having hot flashed or mood swings which I was not yet!!  I was having night sweats and terrible terrible vaginal and clitoral pains, felt like keratin pearls but wasn't, then burning like fire crotch from hell and mostly associated with also having to urinate constantly like constantly ... it was terrible and ridiculous.. they would ask if I had pain during sex, which I did not thankfully ... finally endocronologist said I was in fact in full menopause. It took 4 visits and terrible embarrassing physicals with the Urogyno who is a WOMEN for her to finally put me on estradiol cream... I have been on it now for almost 2 months and not having a lot of relief yet, I have had a few good days mixed in for the first time in a while but then it always comes back full force for a week or so .... please please please tell me any suggestions you might have!!! I am up burning and peeing all through out the night even too, I feel like life just can't be this hard for Gods sake.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5