Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tranexamic Acid and provera tablets together.  (Read 674 times)

Lucylou

• First Flush
Tranexamic Acid and provera tablets together.
« on: April 26, 2024, 05:11:52 PM »

Hi all,
Looking for some advice, I was put on HRT beginning of March this year. Evorel 50 patches and provera tablets. 10mg x 3 a day as I have continuous heavy bleeding due to fibroids. I contacted my GP as the provera was doing nothing to relieve the bleeding and he has given me tranexamic to take alongside the patches and provera.  I’ve to take x2 500mg 3 times a day.
I’m new to HRT and confused by it all and my question is are these medications safe to take altogether? GP says yes but I’ve read conflicting advice.  I have just picked them up and haven’t taken any yet as I’m a bit wary.
I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tranexamic Acid and provera tablets together.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 06:03:40 PM »

:welcomemm:

Where did U read the conflicting advice?  If it's GOOGLE then ignore!  Unless it's an NHS site.

The tranexamic acid should release the bleeding. 

Which symptom would you like to ease first, which drew you to HRT?  Browse round. Make notes ;-)

Lucylou

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 08:03:19 PM »

Hi thanks for your response. I did read on an nhs site regarding clotting if you take these both together.  I’ve had a look around and can’t see anything relating to taking both these tablets together.  I’ll take my concerns back to GP, just wondered if any one else was maybe taking these together that could put my mind at rest 🙂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 08:35:17 PM »

MayB ring a pharmacist in the morning it being a weekend and all.  Let us know.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 09:07:23 PM »

Asking a pharmacist is a good idea. I think you can but I'm not certain. Are they planning to remove the fibroids? Oestrogen can make them grow so this may be an ongoing problem.