Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 473 times)

Pmj 28

Just a question
« on: May 19, 2023, 11:36:24 AM »

Just a question, this is probably a Silly question been peri for 8 years not sure if I am still peri, on hrt but had to change in November now on oestrogel 3 pumps and utrogestan 200mg 12 nights, I bleed on the last day of utrogestan or the day after they last 3 days and light
My question is some months I get really hot not sweats just before a bleed, is this due to hormones changing
As I have had no help from my doctors in the 8 years this has been going on, was told why do I want to put poison (hrt)in my body when there are natural things I can take, and that hrt is only for hot flushes and women in the old days just got on with it.
Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just a question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 11:44:02 AM »

Hi! Who told you 'to get on with it'?

HReplacementT.  Replacing the oestrogen in the main that the body stops producing = all kinds of symptoms.  The Change.

I suspect that the sweats are a reaction to the rise and fall of hormone levels B4 a bleed.  4 me it was intense nausea, the need 'to go' immediately: 10 mins B4 a bleed began, even if a period wasn't due.  Couldn't travel, be far from a bathroom, go to work  :-\

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Of course women 'got on with it', because a) perimenopause wasn't discussed, b) there wasn't any medication other than herbals from the 'witch' down the road and c) women wouldn't believe that they would be heard.

Let us know you get on.  No query is silly!

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 12:12:23 PM »

CLKD it was a lady doctor who told me that, she is the one that deals with the menopause x
Yes I need the bathroom more on the day I start .I am a cleaner in a private home so can be a bit embarrassing  :-\

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 12:28:23 PM »

What an appalling GP you have. Could you ask to be referred to an NHS menopause clinic? It is sad how so many GP's are uneducated in this and as a result it makes life so much harder for us.

Pmj 28

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 12:34:12 PM »

No they say my symptoms are not bad enough, and that there is a long waiting list x  this is why I am so glad of the forums xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 12:51:14 PM »

Ring up and ask the menopause clinic directly, explain your symptoms and if you are able, take a cancellation appt.?  GPs often won't refer as it comes out of the budget!  However, you are legally allowed a 2nd opinion.

It doesn't matter which sex the GP might be, they R there to advise not block treatment.

Pmj 28

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 01:27:23 PM »

CLKD ,thank you will do that and see what they say x