Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem maintenance regime  (Read 1167 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Vagifem maintenance regime
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 01:50:52 PM »

So my plan of moving to every other day on Vagifem isn’t working.  Within a week I was burning again so have gone back to daily. I will try after a few weeks reducing to 6 then 5 as suggested.  How on earth are people managing on 2 x weekly? x

Most people are not. I have found VA treatment needs to be used daily. I use Ovestin daily and have done for two years. I will never try to reduce it. :)

Ayesha

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 02:38:26 PM »

After 15 months of daily VA treatment I decided to reduce the dose to 5 days a week. After 2 days of no treatment the first symptom to come back was the urge to pee, then the burning, then every other god awful symptom that is associated with VA.

It took a few days to get my symptoms back under control, my treatment going forwards will be every day, and will not be negotiable!! (GP's have a habit of interfering)  >:(
I am not on systemic HRT but I don't know whether that makes a difference to what dosage I need.

How on earth is 2 Vagifem pessaries a week supposed to get VA symptoms under control, like fighting an army with toy guns!  ::)

Lily35

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 03:14:53 PM »

Thanks for the responses.  I see a menopause nurse prescriber at my practice who is really good but my current prescription is for max 5 days.  I have plenty over as she lets me re-load too so I’m sure I can continue daily if necessary.  I am on Lenzetto 3 sprays so not sure if to try upping this to 4 or trying the stronger gel instead. 
My menopause symptoms are under control otherwise apart from VA and fatigue. Urghh  ;D x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 04:36:38 PM »

Get as much VA treatment up there as you require.  If there is any resistance at the Practice point them in this direction?  Or ask them to contact Louise Newsom or Dr Currie for advice ;-).  In the meantime, buy a copy of 'Me and My Menopausal Vagina', read and hand round.

Lily35

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2023, 02:29:05 PM »

Thanks I’m back on daily and feeling much better today (took 5 days to get back to where I was so not too horrendous!).   
Would be interested to know if increasing my systemic hrt might help too so I’m going to trial 4 sprays for a couple of months too  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2023, 02:50:49 PM »

Thanks I’m back on daily and feeling much better today (took 5 days to get back to where I was so not too horrendous!).   
Would be interested to know if increasing my systemic hrt might help too so I’m going to trial 4 sprays for a couple of months too  :)

I am very happy to hear you are feeling better after the increase. :) Good luck with trying out 4 sprays.
Pages: 1 [2]