Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: is my hrt too high  (Read 1611 times)

discogirl

is my hrt too high
« on: February 09, 2023, 05:36:16 AM »

Hi all,

I would appreciate a bit of advice.

I'm post meno, been on 4 pumps of oestrogel since beginning of december.

Its been good, sleep has been good, however breasts have been very sore and seem huge.

Last night, I had the worst night's sleep ever, nothing different with my gel, it was like the early days of starting hrt.

So I was wondering with my sore boobs if my hrt dose is too high and should I try reducing to 3 pumps or what?

Thanks a lot xx

Amazing grace

Re: is my hrt too high
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 08:55:00 AM »

Hi discogirl, I’m on estrogel have been for a few years, when I’ve gone to 4 pumps all has been ok until I got around 2 months in and then the sore swollen breasts started for me that’s one of the symptoms of too much estrogen , it happened when first increasing then settled to only come back and stay but I also had a jittery feeling on too much , can’t say if you should reduce only you can decide about that , but going to 3 pumps solved the swollen breasts and jitters for me, too much also caused insomnia to get worse for me but my insomnia has never fully gone away on hrt, hope you manage to resolve it soon it could well settle down they do say a full 3 months for things to settle you’ve only increased since December may just need a bit more time x

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 09:12:42 AM »

hi amazing grace

thanks so very much for your reply.

i was sleeping ok but last night i felt wired. and felt my sleep pattern had gone back to when i first started hrt last august. and like you my sore swollen breasts calmed down a bit about mth in  but came back and i read thats one of the signs.

i will let you know how i get on.

thanks again xxx

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 09:20:11 AM »

I got that wired feeling too with insomnia, it’s a horrible feeling, really hope you find a solution , wishing you the best of luck , take care and hopefully you sleep well soon xx

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 09:22:00 AM »

Hi it could be too much or it could just be your body getting used to it. I noticed an enlargement of breasts to begin with but it settled down . x

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 09:27:39 AM »

hi dotty

hope your ok.

yes my swollen sore breasts did settle but came back very sore.

also my sleep last night was like going back to the start again.

very disheartening xxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 09:52:31 AM »

Hello discogirl

I am sorry that you have had this trouble and I agree that these problems can be so disheartening.

My recent experience confirmed that tender and swollen breasts are definitely a symptom of high Oestrogen for me. I had been using three 1mg sachets of Sandrena and the breasts issues were getting worse but still manageable. Unfortunately this was followed with spotting then bleeding so I was forced to lower my oestrogen dose. The bleeding resolved quickly but it took several weeks of slow improvement before my breasts felt back to normal. Perhaps breast tenderness is an early indication  of too much Oestrogen which gives us time to tweak our dose before any bleeding occurs.

I hope this is helpful in some way and I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 10:02:44 AM »

hi kathleen

thanks so much for your reply.

i thought it was too high a dose with the sore breasts.

thing is the sore breasts i could cope with but the wired feeling in my brain and total lack of sleep was like going back to the start again. especially as my sleep had been good xx

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 03:26:27 PM »

I got that wired feeling too with insomnia, it’s a horrible feeling, really hope you find a solution , wishing you the best of luck , take care and hopefully you sleep well soon xx

can i ask amazing grace when you decreased your gel how soon was it before thi gs settled as in the jitters and stuff.

do you sleep ok on 3 pumps xxx

Amazing grace

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 05:20:46 PM »

Hi discogirl, my sleep was good well good for me on 3 pumps before hrt and on 2 pumps I used to be wide awake till 4/5am just couldn’t sleep I finally started going to sleep at midnight waking up only once in the night and getting around 6 hours not perfect but a big improvement, I went to 4 because I thought it would improve my remaining anxiety and improve my sleep more it was a mistake because my sleep went back to being wide awake till the early hours and feeling so wired I couldn’t relax , the jitters then started, when I reduced back to 3 it took around 2 weeks to adjust again, I did stick it out for 3 months but being sleep deprived and being jittery was becoming depressing in that time I was put on amitriptyline for insomnia which was ok for a while but then started to have the opposite affect got off that and I now stick to the 3 pumps xx

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2023, 05:42:32 PM »

hi amazing grace

your reply is so helpful thank you.

i take 10mg amitry for tinnitus and your right amitr can have the opposite effect.

i take the amitry first thing in the morning as it no longer sedates me as ive been on it a year.

can i ask what dose of amitry you were on and how on earth did you get off it. it can cause rebound insomnia when trying to come off it. youve done so well xxx

Amazing grace

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2023, 06:09:23 PM »

Hi discogirl girl, I was on 10mg amitriptyline I had the same as you it just no longer sedated me and it was actually adding to the insomnia , I cut my tablets in half took 5mg for a month then just stopped , I won’t deny it was a bit tough but I didn’t feel much worse than I already did, 3 weeks and the withdrawal was over my doctor wanted to keep upping the dose to maintain the sedated effect but I didn’t want too go any higher, once I was over getting off that and went back to 3x pumps of estrogel my sleep returned to around 6 hours a night not perfect I know but it’s better than 2 or 3 hours of broken sleep I was getting, good luck with whatever you decide to do regarding your estrogel , wishing you long peaceful sleeps xx

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2023, 06:15:04 PM »

dear amazing grace thank you so very very much. youve been so very kind replying to me.

youve really helped so much.

i just want to wish you all the best

take care and thank you xxx

Amazing grace

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 06:44:35 PM »

Hi discogirl, bless you that’s very sweet of you, and you are very welcome it’s all about helping and supporting each other where we can through these challenging times, wishing you all the best and hoping you post back with some positive improvements soon.

Take care & fingers crossed sleep well xx

Katherine

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2023, 08:12:17 PM »

Hi discogirl,

I had sore heavy breasts when I started on oestrogel and it lasted a few months then completely went away and I haven’t had that problem for ages now. So you might just need to give it time. X
Pages: [1] 2