Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Gel and utrogestan  (Read 1299 times)

robotwars

Gel and utrogestan
« on: January 28, 2023, 09:49:09 PM »

Hi! I just wondered if anyone has had a positive experience using the gel and progesterone pills, I’ve been told to take them every day!!! I’m so nervous they have been in my cupboard for 2 weeks now!!! I took them when I was in peri about 4 years ago and had sooo much bleeding, I’ve been off hrt for 2 years now but VA is awful and a few other symptoms GP suggested trying it! I’ve been in full menopause now for 2 years. Has anyone taken this and not had any bleeding?

Dotty

Re: Gel and utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 07:17:04 AM »

Hi I have taken Oestrogel and Utrogestan for 5 years very successfully.

Have you been given localised oestrogen for the VA? x

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 08:28:05 AM »

I have been given oestrogel plus I’ve been using vagifem for 4 years and last year started in ovestin as well
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:29:38 AM by robotwars »

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 08:33:07 AM »

What time do you take the utrogestan as I’ve heard it can make you sleepy!! Also do you use gel in the morning? Do you apply it to the tops of your leg? Sorry for all the questions

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 08:38:50 AM »

Hi I take the Utrogestan at night just before I go to bed.

I use Oestrogel in the morning. I apply to inner thighs or shoulders and outer arms . x

Ask as many questions as you need to 😊.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:40:26 AM by Dotty »

Gunno67

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 12:06:25 PM »

Hi, I'm new to MM forum  :)
I've been using the gel (2 pumps daily) and Utrogestan tab at night for 5 months now. Post menopause for 8 years and 3 months and....started a period on Monday eve  :'(  bit devastated really and think its the straw that has broken the camels back, been umming and arring about giving up due to the weight gain and the bleeding has tipped me over the edge. Only started HRT in first place to see if would help with my post-meno insomnia (which has improved but by no means do I sleep through the entire night). Anyhoo we are all different so it may work wonders for you x

robotwars

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 10:33:00 AM »

Well I’m 2 weeks in and feel so heavy headed, positive is I’m sleeping better but I have a metallic sickly feeling in my throat that won’t go away and so heavy headed, feel like I’ve taken night time cold remedy!!🤣🤣does this pass?