Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Starting HRT  (Read 2093 times)

Amanda80

• First Flush
Starting HRT
« on: February 07, 2023, 09:03:24 PM »

Hi im new here been to see my GP today and she has prescribed me Orstrogel and Utrogestan capsules. Is anyone else on this . Xx

Dotty

Re: Starting HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 07:30:29 AM »

Hi yes I’ve happily been on that combination for 5 years. Some people regard it as the “gold” standard of hrt😀.

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 10:53:46 AM »

How are you getting on with it?

Girlinabox

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 12:14:53 AM »

I’ve been taking the gel for about two weeks now. I really like it. I’m on two pumps and like that I can control the dose myself. My sleep is significantly better as are my moods and joint pain.

Down sides for me are water retention (though that has lessened slightly) and feel groggy in the mornings. On balance though I feel better with it than without.

I’ve decided to take the utrogestan cyclically as although I will have a period I don’t tend to tolerate progesterone well so that seems the better option for me.

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 08:58:31 AM »

I’m on week 2 - have mixed feelings at the moment, sleep is better but I have this metallic sickly feeling in my throat that won’t go away, I’m forever sucking mints! Plus feel very muggy headed!!!
One downside is I have VA which before I started hrt was controlled with vagifem and ovestin on outside! My doctors have now prescribed vagirux and stopped the ovestin as I’m on the gel and VA is back!!!