Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 1154 times)

Nancy

Health anxiety
« on: February 07, 2023, 05:55:51 PM »

Hoping someone can advise. I have had constant back issues for the last month. For the last few days I've pain when moving a certain direction, stabbing pain etc. I went to gp with that and anxiety and am now on sertraline 50mg week 3. I expect my back issues are due to stress and muscle tension pressing on a nerve, the doc didn't say but put it down to anxiety I'd say. I also had one instance of blood after bm, she did a rectal exam and said all OK. I also lost some weight but again prob stress related..... I guess I've joined created a serious illness for myself. My search history is frightening!! I will have to lock my phone away. Anyway I hope the sertraline kicks in soon. I never had HA until after menopause and it's the worst thing.... I'm 58, 10 years post meno. Anyone have nerve pain in lower back due to stress?? Thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 06:26:30 PM »

Hello Nancy. I am very sorry you are in pain. Could you have sciatica? I get a lot of lower back pain due to sciatica. I know it is really hard but please try not to google any symptoms because it always brings up terrible things.

If the pain is due to being tense then it is a good thing you are on sertraline and hopefully that will help you.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 06:35:48 PM »

I had similar back pain and booked myself in to see a physiotherapist privately. Mine was down to a tense muscle and a few sessions sorted it out. Does your back ache all of the time or mainly when you move in a certain way?

Taz x  :hug:

Nancy

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 06:59:08 PM »

Thanks so much for your replies. Only when I move a certain way but it isn't consistent. I also get it when I feel my back tensing up, panicking about what I've googled!!I may need to throw my phone away...disappeared into a worry hole!!
Thanks again for your reassurance and replies. Xx

Nancy

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 07:06:14 PM »

Meant to add, from all my research :o I don't think it's sciatica. I don't get pain down legs although my mother has it. I was told I had mild scoliosis at one point...might be a combination of factors but  I stopped having baths due to VA but maybe I need to start again!!  :-*

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 07:13:54 PM »

I would think it is stress related then. I would be wary of having baths just in case it flares your VA. Sounds like you are on a good medication for anxiety so that should make a difference.  :)

Nancy

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 07:16:41 PM »

Hope so. Thanks for your reply