Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can we talk Testosterone...  (Read 1165 times)

KaraShannon

Can we talk Testosterone...
« on: February 04, 2023, 02:07:53 AM »

Hi all

I've still not had a blood test for testosterone.  I requested it but was told by the nurse taking my blood that the doctor only requested oestrogen.  I then got the results of that oestrogen 5 months later when someone finally told me the numbers and the doctor told me it was too high even for a 30 year old woman (hence all my postural hypotension, which is now almost gone)

Anyway, I have to get my oestrogen down further and then get another bloodtest, so the testosterone side of things is on hold. 

In the meantime I just wanted to hear from anyone with experience of this treatment and how it helped you with menopause symptoms.

And also what are the various ways of increasing testosterone?  Both conventional and herbal preparations.  I'm wondering about trying ashwaghanda and / or tribulus, but will have to look more into it first. 

My muscles are not what they were, it is a struggle to bend down to pick stuff up, I feel like I sink into a chair, even a hard chair, it's like my frame is not solid.  I also get mild prolapse problems during the bleed phase of the cycle, though it all tightens up the rest of the cycle I'd like to address it.   Clearly my excess oestrogen didn't get down there, lol.  And I generally feel weak most of the time with the odd day where power is coursing through my veins.  Those days are rare and I try to capitalise on them for blitzing my house, getting out somewhere nice while I've got energy, but if I can get my balance right it may be better.

I heard of superdrug providing testosterone?  Did I hear right about that and how would it work?

Thanks for all advice, thoughts, experience.   :)

KaraShannon

Re: Can we talk Testosterone...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 03:15:30 PM »

Just flagging this as I posted it in the middle of the night as I couldn't sleep and maybe it made it less visible. 

Thanks