Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: ovestin for nocturnal frequency  (Read 791 times)

vintagefiend

ovestin for nocturnal frequency
« on: February 07, 2023, 02:43:40 PM »

Hello,

does anyone know if it's worth trying ovestin for frequent trips to the loo overnight?
I don't have any other symptoms of VA but would dearly like to sort out this frequency (think it's called nocturia if at night)
I'm a few years post menopause and on 50mcg estradot
would it be dangerous to have the ovestin if my frequent wees aren't due to a lack of oestrogen in that area? or is anything game once you're firmly menopausal?!

thanks for any info

Amazing grace

Re: ovestin for nocturnal frequency
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 02:56:35 PM »

Hi , I use ovestin for frequent urination and it’s worked quite well not perfect but definitely better, I had no signs of va when my gp examined me I’ve never had dryness either but I constantly felt almost like I had cystitis without burning just think my bladder is affected badly by menopause, wouldn’t have thought it would be dangerous to use it even if you don’t have other symptoms of va , I also use 3x pumps of estrogel but systemic hrt does not stop the urge to urinate for me, might be worth checking with your gp to see if there’s anything else going on , the over active bladder issue  is very common in menopause it would be worth trying ovestin to see if it improves your bladder x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 03:58:23 PM »

It certainly is worth trying it.  VA presents in several ways so if you are walking across the landing and back several times a night, ask for treatment. 

When did U last have a full blood count to include thyroid function and diabetes tests?  If symptoms aren't relieved after 6-8 weeks of VA treaemtn, I would ask for the blood tests. 

vintagefiend

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 04:23:07 PM »

great!

thank you both very much-
I'll definitely ask gp for it.
I  have had recent bloods for thyroid, diabetes etc and happily they're all fine, so maybe this is *yet* another menopause symptom!
I've always been a bit frequent, but it's definitely got worse

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 04:29:01 PM »

Drink more!  What is the colour of your urine?  When I get the need2P I take 2 Nurofen every 3 hours to ease that nip as the urine flow stops.

vintagefiend

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 06:30:39 PM »

hi again, clkd- i would say that my urine's pretty light in colour- i do drink a fair amount of water- also coffee so not that vituous!!
i didnt know about nurofen- does that have an impact on the flow? thanks for all the tips

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 06:39:15 PM »

Hello,

does anyone know if it's worth trying ovestin for frequent trips to the loo overnight?
I don't have any other symptoms of VA but would dearly like to sort out this frequency (think it's called nocturia if at night)
I'm a few years post menopause and on 50mcg estradot
would it be dangerous to have the ovestin if my frequent wees aren't due to a lack of oestrogen in that area? or is anything game once you're firmly menopausal?!

thanks for any info
Ovestin should help with the night visits to the loo, before I started using local estrogens I was going alot. My bladder used to ache when it filled up and was prolapsed too plus all the soreness of VA. Not a problem now.
It won't do any harm and the frequency is probably due to the bladder becoming weaker, estrogen will help strengthen this.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 07:16:40 PM »

Nurofen will ease the nip. 

Your pee seems 2B within normal limits.  Don't forget that we take on fluids from our whole diet. 

vintagefiend

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »

thanks dierdre- i've ordered some from private pharmacy and will get more from gp if it seems to be working.
and thanks again, clkd