Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stopping HRT  (Read 1237 times)

Kat36

Re: Stopping HRT
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023, 07:40:30 PM »

Hello all,
I just wanted to chime in on the celebrity meno talk. I’ve just been having the same conversation with some Daisy network ladies. So many of them struggle with hrt, and for us it is so essential for long term health.  We hear a lot of Women’s health talk from the TV docs, celebs etc but in my opinion it’s not moving Women’s health awareness/clinical advancements forward by the sheer fact the conversation is not honest.  I think what’s really ground my gears is when I read an article by Dr Louise N only to find in very fine print at the bottom that she has a vested interest in a drug company😳. Which one, I can’t recall.   

I may be writing this as I’m coming off hrt after a really sh*t year on it.  Please take my personal opinions with a grain of salt 😁.   

Gilla999

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2023, 10:07:16 AM »

I agree Kat. I do understand that work has needed to be done in terms of publicising the benefits of HRT and removing the stigma around it and menopause. But I think there's not enough talk about how difficult it is even with HRT... trying to find the balance amid never ending changes of hormone levels etc. Peri lasts for years so it's not exactly a short phase!

Kat36

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2023, 07:12:28 PM »

I hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread to ask a question about stopping hrt. I’ve decided no more progesterone for me as I’m withdrawing from hrt. My question, if anyone can help, is how long can I reasonably get away with not taking progesterone if I’m withdrawing? I’mon a relatively small dose at 52mcg approx. Any help much appreciated as my GP doesn’t seem to have many answers for me.
Pages: 1 [2]