Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a supply problem with utrogestan  (Read 2939 times)

Dandelion

Re: Is there a supply problem with utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 12:18:35 AM »

I have just been told I can’t get my repeat of Utrogestan - and found this thread that was started a couple of weeks or so ago. Luckily I have about 3 weeks left, but am worried. Pharmacy has kept hold of my prescription and advised going back in a couple of weeks. I too read on the Besins Health care site that supplies should have been with wholesalers last week. I’ve written to Besins today, asking if there is still a delay.
Is anyone else still experiencing difficulty?
I might be paranoid but I always feel my pharmacy doesn’t regard this as ‘medication’ as such and always shrugs his shoulders a bit when this happens, as if ‘I’ll get by’ without it.  >:(
I only started this thread because I thought I was being paranoid, I hope that my fears are not real because I cannot use an alternative progesterone, I need the utrogestan or I could go into life-threatening withdrawals literally, my doctors know about it.
Why can’t you get your repeat?

Dandelion

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 12:23:17 AM »

I went back to my pharmacy this week who told me that there is still a “manufacturing shortage” despite the BMS and other forums saying there isn’t. Begs the question of what is truth? Like some of you here, it’s bad enough spending months on end with horrible side effects and the minefield of titrating your optimal HRT dosage - only to have problems getting your hands on the blummin meds in the first place!

Ok, moan and frustration aside - I really hope there is some clarity and consistency around this very soon! Keep determined and positive all X
This hormone is cross tolerant with the Valium I am addicted to and I cannot change the form of progesterone so if I don’t get it it is life-threatening literally. My doctors know about it so I hope there is no manufacturing issue and that the shortage is only a temporary panic, and that people are being paranoid on my fears are not real.
If nobody hears from me for a while it is because I have run out of these and died of withdrawal.  as I am on Valium, and this act on the same receptor. I am affectively addicted to it physicallyLOL

Dandelion

Bump please?
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 11:34:05 AM »

Sorry for the bump.
I tried 3 pharmacies - no joy, I tried a 4th and it was continually engaged.
I know this is no excuse but I am autistic and just find it too much stress phoning around.
I have no transport otherwise I would drive around the pharmacies to check.
I wonder if anyone has any spare they could send me please?

Furyan

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2023, 09:22:45 AM »

Hi Dandelion - sounds horrendously stressful for you right now and sorry to hear that. I managed to get some utrogestan a few weeks back so I don’t believe there is a shortage now. It must have been a temporary blip so I do hope on you managed or will manage to sort it. Menopause matters can be a dark time for us all, but please take courage that you are not alone in it and that there is available (health) support BEFORE you hit rock bottom. I would send a ‘prayer’ sign but it isn’t available!  :)

laszla

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 06:40:06 PM »

The shortage is alive and kicking - I'm in London and misguidedly thought supply wouldn't be a problem here. Ended up bursting into tears on being told at my pharmacy that they didn't have it, couldn't get it and had no idea when it would be available. Went to a few Boots branches, more bursting into tears on being told none available and no idea when they would have it. Three hours of trawling around later found one box at Superdrug who issued an IOU for 2 more but said no idea when they would have it back: "could be weeks or months" (literally).

All this on the back of my GP surgery having rejected my order via the app over a week ago because the pharmacist wanted to review my meds (they had no answer to my question of why they couldn't talk to me about my meds without in the meantime withholding the utrogestan on no medical grounds which resulted in my being without any for 4 days when I am now on conti following a hyperplasia scare with hysteroscopy nightmare.

So just to advise that people order well in advance of when they need it, especially if mentally wobbly and liable to meltdown if HRT not available.

discogirl

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2023, 07:40:11 PM »

this is an update on the BMS website from besins regarding utrogestan.

UTROGESTAN (micronised progesterone) 100mg capsules

Supplies of Utrogestan 100mg continue to arrive from our manufacturing site on a regular basis. However, due to exceptional demand, there is a possibility that these supplies may become depleted faster than usual. We are expecting substantial supplies of this product in the week commencing 13th February. As these supplies work their way into the supply chain,
Pages: 1 [2]