Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Atypical endometrial hyperplasia (AEH)  (Read 602 times)

misskh

Atypical endometrial hyperplasia (AEH)
« on: February 06, 2023, 02:52:26 PM »

I posted on here about having bleeding post menopause and having to stop using Vagifem/Estriol cream which I haven't been using since October.

Test results came back as having AEH
which has resulted in having had Laparoscopic total hysterectomy and
Bilateral salping oophrectomy, so basically had my uterus, cervix, tubes and ovaries removed. Surgeon said all looked fine and I mentioned about returning to using Vag/Estriol again and was told to discuss with my Dr.

A week or so prior to the operation 25/1, I started to get symptoms of VA so just used YES vaginal moisturiser inorder to try to keep at least the dryness away.

Now 12 days post operation I have a bad UTI, antibiotics given today but on asking the Dr about returning to using Vagifem/Estriol again as I'm sure some of the discomfort is due to not using she has said that she hasn't had a histology report yet and due to AEH being found it really is the decision of the Gynecologist due to the outcome of what the report says.
Phone consultation with Gynecologist not for another 3 weeks, but no confirmed date yet.
Dr did mention that as I've no uterus/cervix anymore she couldn't see why I couldn't infuture go back on it.

I really just wondered if anyone else has had the same operation and returned to using local HRT.
It had taken me a long time and many UTIs to get VA under control and I really don't want to have to battle between Dr and Gynecologist passing the buck as to who makes the decision.
In all honesty the thought of VA returning and having to live with it doesn't bare thinking about.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Atypical endometrial hyperplasia (AEH)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 03:09:36 PM »

Was a urine sample sent to a lab for testing?  Because the correct ABs: if necessary : need to be prescribed.

Gynaes aren't much more clued up about VA than GPs seem to be  >:(.  MayB paying for an e-mail reply from Dr Currie might be the quickest way to proceed.  Details above.

I would be tempted to use VA treatment if I had any left, to stop the condition becoming worse.  It is after all, localised.  Or ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic, however, there are long waiting lists.

How do u feel otherwise?   :foryou:

misskh

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 05:40:05 PM »

Thank you...

I'm not feeling to bad.
Bit sore where the cuts were made in my tummy and the little stitches are a bit itchy now they're softening up, hopefully they'll fall off soon.

Following the do's and don'ts as I don't want any knock backs.

I'm going to wait until I've spoken to the Gynecologist and go from there, can't imagine she'll say no if the results come back ok and there's no good reason to not continue with it.

They didn't send a sample, didn't see a Dr face to face.

I do have both vagifem and cream, I won't insert anything just yet but may put a little cream around the vulva area to see if it calms things down.

I'm in the UK and there's a really good NHS Dr that has been championing (sp) all things menopause for some time that has now also gone into the private sector, I'd definitely think about paying to see her.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 05:56:48 PM »

I'm glad your hysterectomy went well and that you are taking it easy. I had a UTI after mine but had to stop all hrt before the op as it was considered a risk with abdominal surgery so I was expecting a return of the dreaded VA. Have you been given any advice as to whether you will be able to use full HRT as well as Vagifem  now that you are without ovaries?

Taz x

misskh

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 07:44:49 PM »

I did read that it's quite common to get a UTI post op.

Haven't had any advice on HRT.
When I had my children years ago, before I left hospital each time someone came round to discuss which type of contraception I'd be using and for some reason I expected someone to do the same regarding HRT before I came home.

I'm now 60 and the only symptoms I've had so far is vaginal dryness so have
never needed any other HRT but if I do get more symptoms it's something I'll definitely be having a conversation with my Dr about.

Menopause has become a big topic of conversation in the UK over the last few years and although there's a lot of talk going on IMO there's still not a lot of understanding re medication for it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 08:30:46 PM »

Yep - it's all talk!

Do get treatment for the atrophy, the sooner rather than later.  U may not get any other symptoms.

Sadly, there is no joined-up thinking in the NHS these days.  Referred back to the GP who may/not have any idea!   >:(