Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Delay withdrawal bleed? - holiday!  (Read 493 times)

MollyJ

• First Flush
Delay withdrawal bleed? - holiday!
« on: February 06, 2023, 05:48:14 PM »

New-ish to HRT and brand new to this site - glad to have found you.  Apologies if this is a frequent question - haven't mastered searching effectively yet.
Just coming to the end of my second cycle of Evorel Sequi.  Have had bleed in week 4 both times, heavy, painful etc (this after having very light and very sporadic periods for 3 years - its quite a shock!).  I really want to delay the bleed next time, just by a few days, so that I'm back from holiday.  Should I just delay opening the packet, or have a gap between the Evorel 50 and the Evorel Conti.  I'm thinking that it doesn't matter much, and that there is no harm in a few days gap.  Am i right?  Thank you.

VanillaLover

Re: Delay withdrawal bleed? - holiday!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 08:53:08 AM »

Hello, I would say no harm at all in delaying the cycle ie delay opening the packet. I wouldn’t put the gap in the middle of the cycle (though I cant think of a coherent reason why not!).

Bear in mind you will be without oestrogen for a few days if you do this though, may cause symptoms to come back…possibly.

I wouldn’t do it regularly as your body needs to get used to the new hormone levels, but as a one off it’s ok I guess.

Enjoy your holiday!!!!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 10:57:39 AM »

I would use an extra oestrogen patch rather than no patch as your symptoms are likely to return.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 11:10:31 AM »

Hi i was thinking the same thing as Sheila99....add another oestrogen patch after using the second one, but there's no guarantee it will delay the bleeding.