Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Increasing Evorel Patch  (Read 1314 times)

MabelBabel

Increasing Evorel Patch
« on: February 03, 2023, 11:25:42 AM »

Hello Peeps,

I've been on Evorel Conti 50mg since middle of last August. Overall I am very pleased with it, hot flushes stopped in weeks and muscle and joint pain which had had me on Tramadol at their worst had gone within a couple of months.
However, I am still lethargic and my get up and go and zest for life is pretty flat, I'm not depressed, this definitely hormone related almost PMT ish.

The female Dr I recently had a call with was no real help so after watching Dr Louise Newson explain that HRT requirements are incredibly individual and that the hormones in the patches don't build up in our system they are simply absorbed whilst the patch is on, I have decided to stick an extra half a patch on as of 11am today and see if I get any improvements. I figure it's worth a try.

My question is to those of you on patches, have you increased them yourself?
Did you notice positive or negative effects from doing so?

Thank you all.

Ecl

Re: Increasing Evorel Patch
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 08:37:56 AM »

Hi Mabel,
I use evorel and utrogestan, I haven’t increased without my gp advising me to do so - I wouldn’t have had enough prescription to do that. I have however recently increased from 50 to 75. When I started HRT and when I moved from gel to patch I had horrendous abdominal pain for months, so this time I did it in very small increments and didn’t have a problem.
I increased the everol but was not told to increase the utrogestan. I don’t know with conti if you can increase just the oestrogen part or if you would need more progesterone too, or how you would go about that.
Hope it helps

MabelBabel

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 01:49:23 PM »

Thanks for sharing Ecl. Hope your regime keeps on working for you.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 02:50:04 PM »

Usually (though not always) if flushes are controlled it's the right dose so it may be looking at other things such as testosterone, vit d etc

Bandango42

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 03:20:52 PM »

Hi

I started on 25mg patches in May 22 and have increased gradually to 75mg which I'm on now. My get up and go has never returned unfortunately, although most other symptoms have gone. I just put it down to the aging process and accept the fact that I'm probably never going to feel wonderful again, no matter how much HRT I'm on x

MabelBabel

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 03:28:22 PM »

Hi

I started on 25mg patches in May 22 and have increased gradually to 75mg which I'm on now. My get up and go has never returned unfortunately, although most other symptoms have gone. I just put it down to the aging process and accept the fact that I'm probably never going to feel wonderful again, no matter how much HRT I'm on x

Oh gosh, I couldn't bear to think that my get up and go has gone forever, I'm going to do all I can to find it again! I hope you find yours too  :)

MabelBabel

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 03:30:11 PM »

Usually (though not always) if flushes are controlled it's the right dose so it may be looking at other things such as testosterone, vit d etc

That's interesting to know, thank you Sheila.
Vit D is definitely ok. I have been wondering about testosterone, but trying to get that seems like another uphill fight. It's on my list if increasing doesn't help.

Tulip123

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 09:54:47 AM »

I increased from Evorel 50 to 75 for the same reasons as you. Never again. I got horrendous stomach cramps and bleeding which so far has lasted 10 days when on the previous patch with 2 wks Utrogestan my periods were light and regular. I'm mad at myself for changing. I'm waiting on another call from my GP today about the bleeding.

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 11:34:59 AM »

It's great that you're taking an active role in managing your symptoms and finding what works best for you. However, it's important to remember that hormone therapy is a complex issue and it's best to work closely with your healthcare provider to make changes to your regimen.

Increasing the dose of your HRT patch is a change to your treatment plan, and it's possible that it may have unintended consequences or interact with other medications you're taking. Before making any changes to your HRT, it's important to have a conversation with your healthcare provider to discuss the risks and benefits and to ensure that increasing the dose is appropriate for you.

If you decide to increase the dose of your patch, it's important to monitor yourself for any changes or new symptoms, and to report any concerns to your healthcare provider as soon as possible. They can then help you make decisions about adjusting your treatment as needed.

Winterose

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 12:35:37 PM »

I’m only on oestrogen and have been on patches for 16 years . The last 5 years I’ve been on Evorel100
but was starting to get palpitations and flushes at nighttime- so increased myself to 125 which has done the trick allround  . I then tried 150 as I felt so much better but that was too much and have stuck with 125 .

Appreciate one should consult your health provider but a little self help at least proves the point

MabelBabel

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 01:27:55 PM »

It's great that you're taking an active role in managing your symptoms and finding what works best for you. However, it's important to remember that hormone therapy is a complex issue and it's best to work closely with your healthcare provider to make changes to your regimen.

Increasing the dose of your HRT patch is a change to your treatment plan, and it's possible that it may have unintended consequences or interact with other medications you're taking. Before making any changes to your HRT, it's important to have a conversation with your healthcare provider to discuss the risks and benefits and to ensure that increasing the dose is appropriate for you.

If you decide to increase the dose of your patch, it's important to monitor yourself for any changes or new symptoms, and to report any concerns to your healthcare provider as soon as possible. They can then help you make decisions about adjusting your treatment as needed.

Thank you for your reply. Rest assured that I am watching for all/any new symptoms both positive and negative and will inform my GP accordingly.

MabelBabel

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 01:33:03 PM »

I’m only on oestrogen and have been on patches for 16 years . The last 5 years I’ve been on Evorel100
but was starting to get palpitations and flushes at nighttime- so increased myself to 125 which has done the trick allround  . I then tried 150 as I felt so much better but that was too much and have stuck with 125 .

Appreciate one should consult your health provider but a little self help at least proves the point

Thank you for sharing your experience Winterose, so glad you found the right balance for you, I hope you continue to feel good on it. We're all different so I think it makes sense to try a more individual and personally tweaked approach, we're the best judge of how we feel and what is working for us, despite what the textbook recommendations may say.