Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Has anyone experienced HRT causing palpitations?  (Read 674 times)

Gilla999

Has anyone experienced HRT causing palpitations?
« on: February 05, 2023, 04:23:34 PM »

I've been through three wringer and back since mid December. Since significantly reducing my Lenzetto dose the histamine esque feelings have resolved, but I am still left with bothersome racing heart and palpitations. The strange thing is that I'm completely calm and normal between approx 11am-2pm, but from 3pm-5pm onwards the palpitations and racing heart hit me like a brick.

I've never experienced issues with a rush of HRT like I've seen others discuss but I honestly don't know what else could be causing these symptoms only from a specific time of day - it's very much that something is triggering it (and it makes it very hard to sleep).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 04:26:46 PM by Gilla999 »

Flossieteacake

Re: Has anyone experienced HRT causing palpitations?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 04:25:35 PM »

I am sorry you are having to deal with palpitations. They are horrible. I know this is a common menopause symptom and there are lots of threads on here about it but I am not sure if it is related to HRT or not.

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 04:28:13 PM »

Thanks Flossie. Palpitations have never been a symptom of low Estrogen for me, it's always been good old night sweats and 3am insomnia. This is like a very stimulated feeling, like someone gives me 25 espressos, but it's only in the afternoon onwards. It's such a strange one to make sense of xx

Flossy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 05:46:48 PM »

I’ve recently started on Everol Conti and have been having palpitations (pounding heart) which I used to have earlier on in perimenopause but it had stopped for months until starting this hrt.

Gilla999

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 06:03:16 PM »

That's interesting Flossy - does it happen all day or only at specific times? Did your switch involve a dose increase or decrease? Thanks for your feedback xx

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 06:43:02 PM »

No personal experience but they can be symptoms of both high and low oestrogen (and probably other things too). Would changing the time you take it or spreading our through the day help? What time do you take it now?

Gilla999

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 11:07:24 PM »

I was wondering that Sheila, I have read others say they feel the gel or spray gives a more sudden hit than the patch for example. I tend to take it in the late morning and the palpitations start about 4 hours later. Spreading the dose is a good idea, I hadn't actually thought of that! Worth trying to see if it makes a difference, thank you!