Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel and Utrogestan cycle advice please  (Read 887 times)

flossie fiddler

Evorel and Utrogestan cycle advice please
« on: February 03, 2023, 07:11:16 PM »

Hi all, I went on Evorel Conti for 4 months after a 2.5 year break from 6 yrs of HRT. No periods during the break.

The Conti caused bleeds that got longer and more frequent, so switched to Evorel 50 with 100mg of Utrogestan for 25 out of 28 days. It’s an unusual regime for post meno, but my womb lining is quite thick normally (5mm) so the idea was that if there’s anything to come away, it would be able to do so and hopefully keep my womb healthy.

I’ve been on the current regime 2 months and bleeding is much less, with longer between. I’m coming up to the 3 day break but I’m going on holiday on Monday and could really do without instigating a bleed that will happen while I’m away as I had a little one starting 21st Jan for a few days. If I can delay it, it would be good.

sheila99

Re: Evorel and Utrogestan cycle advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 07:25:50 PM »

I would delay it. You don't say long you'll be away for but a week or two is unlikely to cause problems.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 07:29:58 PM »

Thanks. It’s only 5 days so that’s what I’ll do.

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 07:40:01 PM »

I’m just about to start on utrogestan and my GP has said to just take it every day with no break

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 09:08:49 PM »

I think that apart from the fact that my womb lining is thick (normal for me, have had 2 investigations) the reason is that the licence is for the 25/28 regime. However my nurse did say that lots of post meno people take it continuously without a break.

I’ve only been on it 8 weeks so maybe I’ll go continuous if the bless I had on Evorel Conti continue to settle down

I’m just about to start on utrogestan and my GP has said to just take it every day with no break