Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogel help pls  (Read 932 times)

Girlinabox

Estrogel help pls
« on: February 04, 2023, 07:14:52 AM »

Hello all, I’m a newbie here.

Been a bit of a rollercoaster here the last few weeks.

Have been on hrt for around 10 years after starting with hot flushes at 40. Have been post menopausal around 3 years now.

Have been on a few different hrt over the years. The last 3 years I’ve been on Tibolone which worked well until around a year ago.  Long story short but it’s taken until now to get my hrt changed.

My main symptoms have been sleeplessness, fatigue, joint pain but the worse are symptoms which effect my mental health, like feeling depressed, lack of motivation, rage and crying.

I’ve had unrelated mental health problems in my younger life and feel this is one area where I’m most vulnerable.

Around a month ago I was put on klinofem. Initially I felt amazing, lots of energy, less emotional, sleeping better but then started to feel very depressed, uncontrollable eating, bloating, bleeding and water retention.

Gp decided to change me onto estrogel and utrogestan. Because of all the side effects I had I decided to just have one pump and see how I feel before increasing.

Emotionally I feel ok. Physically though I’m back to feeling exhausted. I’m also getting a lot a bloating and water retention.

I’m not entirely sure what I should do. Would increasing to two pumps help with the tiredness? The other consideration is that I’m due to go on a long waited, long saved for holiday. I’m worried increasing the pumps will increase the water retention and bloating so none of my clothes fit!

I’m going away in four weeks. Would you increase to two pumps now and hope the water retention/bloating has gone or would you wait until the current side effects go then increase?

Would increasing the estrogen even help with the exhaustion?

Apologies for such a long post!

Dotty

Re: Estrogel help pls
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 07:43:06 AM »

Hi the equivalent to Kliofem would be 2 pumps, but you may need more.

Oestrogen can definitely help with exhaustion.

Are you also using  Utrogestan? x

Girlinabox

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 07:53:01 AM »

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t started the utrogestan yet. Because I don’t tolerate progesterone well I was going to try the 100mcg vaginally cyclical.  I know it will mean a return to periods but I think  as it effects my mood so much that might be better for me.

I think your right and two pumps might help just so worried that I’m going to feel like a watery gassy ball for my holiday  :-\

Girlinabox

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 10:30:07 AM »

I was lucky and never gained weight on Tibolone. This time round though I have, but I suspect it’s water weight and bloating.

I’m using windeeze which has helped to an extent. The water retention doesn’t seem to be budging though.

It’s so hard isint it. Meno make me feel rubbish but feeling like a water balloon in my clothes makes me feel rubbish too. Suppose it depends on which ‘rubbish’ is worse.

I hope your finding the Tibolone helpful. I really liked it until this past year.