Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Out of options for VA?  (Read 1451 times)

Dramy3

• First Flush
Out of options for VA?
« on: February 03, 2023, 11:10:40 PM »

Hello all

I’m 45 and have experienced VA symptoms (itching, burning, soreness) since my hysterectomy (kept ovaries) 3 years ago.

Have seen a menopause GP, vulval derm and gynae and currently on:
Vagifem daily
Ovestin daily
Estadot HRT 25
YES twice daily
But I’m only about 20% better than when I first started this hellish journey.
If anyone has any bright ideas of something I haven’t tried, I’m all ears. Terrified that I’m only peri and this is only going to get worse. I couldn’t bare it.
Thanks all

If anyone

Minusminnie

Re: Out of options for VA?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 08:04:25 AM »

Hi Dramy3

One thought is that you don't mention which YES product you are using.  That may be one to either strip back and leave the vagifem and ovestin  or try a different YES moisturiser/lubricant or even a completely different moisturiser.

Something is still causing the sensitivity.  A lot is trial and error. 

In general are you wearing cotton pants washed in very little and rinsed well or no soap powder.  There is the Burning Club thread pn here which may give you some ideas and i will bump to the top of the list for you in a mo.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:07:04 AM by Minusminnie »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 08:29:52 AM »

I’ve been prescribed Blissel Gel. You could try that. x

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 09:27:20 AM »

Did the vulva dermatologist prescribe anything, mine prescribed Dermovate as he thought I had traces of Lichens sclerosus. It also heals the awful soreness with VA so the estrogen treatments can then do their job without the initial irritation.
I can't use YES VM or any of the oil base ones only water base. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 09:30:43 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 09:57:46 AM »

Stop using everything for 24 hours then begin a re-load of the 'vagifem' internally with 'ovestin' gently smeared around the outer labia.  Twice a day for 5 if necessary. 

MayB don't insert fully for the 1st couple of nights to allow the vagina to moisturise gently all the way in.  Being sore with thin skin can tear - 4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there.

Don't despair.  I find that KY Jelly on the outer labia helps ....... several times a day to keep the area soft.

Flatfroggy

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 06:52:46 PM »

I have had a reaction after using Yes VM and I’m still recovering.  It is really tough feeling sore all the time and difficult to sit comfortably.  I have been given Betnovate for a couple of weeks and hope this clears things.  I am going to try alternative Yes products but I will only use a very small amount at a time as they all have similar ingredients and I don’t know which ones caused the reaction.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 07:17:53 PM »

I would cut out the 'yes' products completely on an 'in case' basis.

Dramy3

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 07:26:13 PM »

Thank you ladies for taking the time to reply. So nice to not feel alone.

I’m going to cut the YES VM and just stick to hydromol for washing and moisturiser. I’ll give it 24 hours and reload with ovestin and Vagifem.

I stay away from all fragrances and hardly wear underwear. It’s been 3 years of trial and error and I’m just reining out of steam.

Thank you again for being so helpful.

Minusminnie

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 08:04:23 AM »

Hello all

I’m 45 and have experienced VA symptoms (itching, burning, soreness) since my hysterectomy (kept ovaries) 3 years ago.

Vagifem daily
Ovestin daily
Estadot HRT 25
YES twice daily

At one time i was charting various deliveries of vagifem to try to get a scenario that worked.  Vagifem daily is 70mcg a week at 10mcg a go.  You could try something like two a day or similar to give the same amount with breaks inbetween when you use the ovestin.  Did you start with just ovestin and that didn't work then had vagifem ?

Don't let the pain get in your head.  I find distraction of any sort helps as it is taking your focus away.  I am so sorry that you are dealing with this at 45.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 08:08:05 AM by Minusminnie »

Dramy3

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 09:20:26 AM »

Hello all

Vagifem daily
Ovestin daily
Estadot HRT 25
YES twice daily

At one time i was charting various deliveries of vagifem to try to get a scenario that worked.  Vagifem daily is 70mcg a week at 10mcg a go.  You could try something like two a day or similar to give the same amount with breaks inbetween when you use the ovestin.  Did you start with just ovestin and that didn't work then had vagifem ?

Don't let the pain get in your head.  I find distraction of any sort helps as it is taking your focus away.  I am so sorry that you are dealing with this at 45.

Thanks for the reply. I started with Vagifem and menopause GP added Ovestin as not much improvement. I’ve also tried Blissel and Intrarosa but nothing improved all that much so just stuck with original regimen.

I’m tempted to up the Vagifem even though all my symptoms are vulval. I tried using lots of ovestin but it didn’t make any difference so sticking with the little and often approach.

I’ve cut YES now per advice above and will reload starting tomorrow. Have even had CBT to deal with this and meditate every day. Just can’t get ahead and fear for the future. It can put you in a really dark place as I’m sure you know.

Thanks again

Minusminnie

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 09:51:03 AM »

I’m tempted to up the Vagifem even though all my symptoms are vulval. I tried using lots of ovestin but it didn’t make any difference so sticking with the little and often approach.

I’ve cut YES now per advice above and will reload starting tomorrow. Have even had CBT to deal with this and meditate every day. Just can’t get ahead and fear for the future. It can put you in a really dark place as I’m sure you know.

Thanks again

I found varying levels of Vagifem never reached the vulva where my pain is. 

One GP told me to rest the ovestin every now and again as it stimulates the tissue and also lots of Ovestin is also lots of fillers with it. Didn't make much difference to me but may be worth a try.

Promise you that you will reach some form of acceptance even if you do not get entirely on top of it all all the time and the fear will go.  The fear will be playing a part in maintaining the pain so park it as much as possible. X