Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estradot v Evorel  (Read 16468 times)

racjen

Re: Estradot v Evorel
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »

Thanks everyone, that's very helpful - think I'll get on to my GP tomorrow and ask to be switched back to Evorel asap xxx

Sammiejane

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 06:30:34 PM »

allie007

before estradot patch i believe you were using the gel and experienced hair shedding on it when u upped the dose was this your reason for changing to a patch and have you found your hair improved once you came off the gel

i’m having the same problem u see xx

allie007

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »

sorry for the late reply Sammiejane, been feeling lousy.
The hair loss did stop eventually on the gel, I think it was after about 6 months though. I started using the patches because my GP at the time didn't want me to increase to 4 pumps of gel when 3 wasn't working.  I'm using 100 Estradot patches and a pump of gel now and that's stopped working. Got an apt with my GP for more bloods on Thurs, i'm getting really bad headaches every month which last a week ( got it now) and when I had my bloods done a few weeks ago my estrogen level has dropped from over 400 to 160pmol 😔

Uptick

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 04:28:21 PM »

Hi racjen, have you managed to get your patches?

racjen

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 01:23:49 PM »

With problems, yes - the delay means I've only just been able to start them. Will report back on whether I think there's any difference.

Uptick

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 01:35:25 PM »

Thanks, keep us posted.

Dougalina

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »

Hi,

I just found this old thread.  I was recently switched from 6 pumps of gel (I know!, but blood tests show I'm a poor absorber) to Estradot 100 plus two pumps of gel by my meno clinic.  Have been getting on fine with that regime.  However, getting my script filled by my GP has been a hassle, and eventually I got my patches, but they are Evorel 100 (I noticed that the prescription just states Estradial 100mg patches, even though the letter from my clinic specified estrodot.  I'm a bit nervous to switch, but hoping I wont notice a difference apart from the fact they are huge!

Reading the leaflet, I was surprised to see that one of the possible side effects listed was an increased risk of blood clots/ thrombosis.  I thought transdermal did not have an increased risk in these things. I dont have an estradot leaflet to compare with.  I am using utrogestan as well, does that cause an increased risk in blood clots, as its taken orally?

Sorry if I am being a bit dim

thanks

D

VictoryV

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 02:55:55 PM »

Hi Douglina, I think this is the PIL, hopefully the link works:

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7225/pil#gref

Victoria☀️

Winterose

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2021, 09:53:08 PM »

I moved to Evorel when estradot supply was disrupted. Couldn’t believe how much better I felt on Evorel

Dougalina

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2021, 09:10:46 AM »

thanks both for your replies.  I'm going to try the Evorel at the next patch change.  The GP only gave me one box, so I want to see it I'm okay with it before putting in for my next repeat prescription (I have a couple of weeks of Estrodot left, so if I dont get on, I will have time to switch back and ask GP to specify Estrodot next time

@Winterose, thats great news.  Searching on this forum, I discovered that Estrodot is made from soy, and Evorel is Mexican yam.  Still no idea what the gel is made from though :-)

@VictoryV, looking at that, it does seem to say similar things, although I think the blood clot risk is a general HRT risk, but its not clear on the Evorel PIL. 

Thanks again

:)

Janners

• First Flush
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2023, 10:53:16 AM »

There is a difference in the estradiol between patches, the leaflets are brand new and you can check the info with the respective manufacturers. The combined patches (Evorel Conti and half of Evorel Sequi pack) are in the hemihydrate form, and the mono patches (Evorel and half of Evorel Sequi pack) are in the estradiol (anhydrous) form and they're not the same, as far as I know, apart from pharmacodynamics, but they can differ in solubility and bioavailability.

You can check some info on here https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2019/ce/c8ce01874j#!divAbstract
and here https://www.ijpsonline.com/articles/a-new-polymorph-of-estradiol-and-its-stability-studies-3763.html?view=mobile

I have extreme sensibility to hormonal fluctuations as well as extreme allergic reactions to skin products and I have been talking to the manufacturers (gel and patches) to decide which HRT would be the best choice, I'm not interested in oral HRT. I'm afraid trial and error is not possible in my case as I have nearly died after an anaphylactic reaction.

Sorry to digress, racjen. Hope you can switch back to Evorel and feel better soon.

@uptick very complicated articles! But does this suggest that Evorel could be more easily absorbed as it's in the anhydrate form? 🤔

Uptick

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2023, 04:40:17 PM »

Hi Janners, not necessarily because absorption depends on many factors (skin type, site of application, etc.). Interestingly, Oestrodose's PIL says it has 0.06% of estradiol expressed as anhydrous) whereas Oestrogel's PIL (which is supposed to be the same product) says it has 0.06% of estradiol expressed as hemihydrate, so who knows? Maybe it's just semantics, but it clearly shows that the products are under different regulations, depending on where they have been manufactured (France or Belgium), or they are being sold (EU or the UK).
Pages: 1 [2]