Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How long does it take for mood side effects to show up Everol Conti  (Read 501 times)

Flossy

Hello
I have been on Everol Conti patches for a week and feeling pretty awful with low mood and anxiety. I felt ok for a couple of days initially then went downhill, subsequently reading that this can be a common side effect.

Prior to this the past couple of months I’d been doing well, feeling quite calm and happy, so I kind of wish I hadn’t started, though sleep was still not great so that was my main reason. I was waiting for a doctors appt and started it after that.

One of my main menopause issues has been anxiety so it is very hard to know if it’s just me worrying as ‘normal’ about starting the patch (I have multiple fibroids so have some anxiety around that with regards hrt and tend to worry about health related things a bit) or if the progesteren is exacerbating this and making me more anxious / low. This is my second attempt at hrt after utrogestan made me feel terrible (that was more extreme fatigue and low mood than anxiety - I was too zonked out on it to feel anxious! and was very clearly caused by the hrt as I’ve never felt like that before).

I wondered if anyone else has had these type of effects happen this quick (utrogestan side effects happened v quick too). I feel like stopping as don’t want to be constantly second guessing if it is the hrt causing my anxiety or my own hormones or force myself to keep going only to descend further. I have really struggled this week. From what I’ve since read it seems this is one of the worst hrts for mood issues, I wish I’d known that before as isn’t ideal when you already have those issues!

Thank you very much x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How long does it take for mood side effects to show up Everol Conti
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 05:33:07 PM »

Lots don't get on with progesterone  >:(

What is being done about the fibroids?  R they troublesome?

You could stop the regime for a couple of weeks to C how your body reacts?  Anxiety of course can be managed with appropriate medication, including betablockas.  I had them to ease any early morning surges which worked well for me.

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 07:07:53 PM »

Hi Flossy

If you are prog intolerant it will show within a few days. From your description it sounds as if this is the case for you. I like you cannot get beyond 4 days on any progesterone (and I’ve tried them all) without negative side effects. It’s a tricky one as I do feel we need a little prog just not the amounts we have to take in prescribed hrt.

You could try a sequential regime and that way you are having some prog free days x

Flossy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 10:26:14 AM »

Thank you CLKD and Perinowpost. Because of my fibroids the GP advised being on Conti, she thinks less chance of them growing. The fibroids aren’t troublesome other than being big and making me look a bit bloated, but I can live with that. They are v large / many of them and I think I’m lucky they aren’t causing me any pain or other issues so I really don’t want to risk them increasing in size and doing so.

Yesterday I decided to halve the patch and see how I get on and had a bad night, feeling all my old symptoms back of anxious stomach  and really bad sleep which I think is due to the drop in estrogen by cutting patch in half - how long do you think that effect of the ‘drop’ will last for?

I’m speaking to GP on Monday. Now I wonder should I go back up to full patch today to stop these horrid ‘withdrawal’ feelings  :'(

I have been wondering if a low dose anti depressant might help me if I can’t tolerate any prog.

Thank you again