Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling with panic attacks  (Read 1834 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Struggling with panic attacks
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 09:56:31 AM »

Almost exactly Honeybee2 - any time after 3.00 a.m. but no red bull involved ;-). Add to that bad dreams, I dreaded going to sleep.   :'(

J0J076

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 12:40:08 PM »

Hi Honeybee 😊 I started Evorel 50 on Monday. I’ve had a rotten period that started on Monday too. I changed the patch yesterday- very early days for me. I haven’t had a panic attack for 2 days but I’m anxious that I’m going to have one 😕 I’ve been off work for two weeks as I feel so rubbish on a morning and I can’t think straight. I’ve purchased some peri menopause supplements, vitamin c, I’ve got some rescue drops for through the day and on night. I’ve been taking the propranolol for 8 days to ease my racing heart. I eat a banana and drink some water before I get out of bed -  I take one of the beta blockers and then try and sort myself out. Once out of bed, I take a vitamin c tablet, have something else to eat and then take a supplement. I’m trying to control it instead if it control me! I’m crying (mostly on a morning) for no reason really 😞 other than just wanting to feel normal. If these panic attacks were at bay I think I could deal with things better, but, not knowing when they’re going to happen is scary. I’ve just ordered some Korean ginseng  and some vitamin B5. Im drinking lots of water (something I didn’t do before) almost stopped smoking and knocked caffeine on the head….The burning chest pain is always there, mostly over my left breast and under my arm pit. I think I’m doing everything I can. I need to find out if I can take naproxen with the patches as I was taking these for joint pain and was told to not take them for a while x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 12:45:18 PM »

Ring a Pharmacist about any contra-indications re Naproxen?

Honeybee2

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 01:22:08 PM »

Hi Jojo76
I was also on propanalol it did ease my heart rate .I don’t need them now but think my stress levels have reduced lately and  I feel more settled ,but still carry them in my bag just in case !
Keep persevering with the patch oh also I used to write in a little book how I was feeling day to day . There definitely was a pattern  probably when I would have been ovulating or on a period ?  I felt particularly bad about every 2 weeks !, and to be honest still get off days and sweaty nights when this is the case …HORMONES !
X
Good idea CLkD to ring pharmacy they are really knowledgeable x
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 01:23:52 PM by Honeybee2 »

J0J076

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 11:37:13 PM »

Great idea ☺️ I’ll start a book, then I can keep a check of possible triggers and when my period could be affecting me as well as certain times of day etc… Hopefully I’ll be able to come off the propranolol eventually and have them as ‘break glass’ medication in my bag 🙏🏻 Ive recently had a chest infection and I finished a course of 500mg Erythromycin (8 per day) a few days ago. I started them last Monday, had a huge panic attack on Wednesday and got taken to A&E. I’ve just been reading the side affects (although rare) these antibiotics cause chest tightness, fast heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea, panic attacks! I was prescribed the propranolol by the Thursday evening. This week I’ve started the Evorel patches. It’s possible all of this has been far too much in the space of 7 days. One medication making my heart beat too fast and the other trying to slow it down. On top of this, I also began a very heavy period so have felt completely drained x
Im looking forward to the benefits of the patch, thanks very much for your support and keeping me sane during this scary time x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2023, 10:00:41 AM »

Why worry about stopping medication if it helps  :-\.  Propranolol should be taken regularly, it's rarely used on an 'as necessary 'basis.

How is your diet overall?

J0J076

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2023, 04:22:25 PM »

The propranolol has seemed to helped me 🙏🏻 I’m just hoping I’m not on it long term. I guess it ps getting a right balance with other things too - like my diet. Up until 1 week ago, my diet was very poor. Skipping meals, and eating at the wrong times. My appetite has changed a lot. Im eating a lot better now. More fruit and drinking lots of water each day. Cut back on caffeine and having regular meals. My mouth and tongue are sore at the moment so I could need some B12 in my diet so I’ve ordered some to see how I get on x
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 04:40:42 PM by J0J076 »

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2023, 04:55:06 PM »

My mouth is sore as I have a tongue constantly searching for food bits  >:(.  Also I brushed too hard on 1 side  :o

Low blood sugar can cause panic attacks.  Eating every 3 hours, 24/7 can help enormously.  The idea being to spread the diet throughout the 24 hours ..... adding lots of fresh fruits, veg and nuts.  My problem is that I 'go off' foods and find it difficult to substitute things.

I took Propranolol from 2002 until 2020. 

J0J076

• First Flush
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2023, 07:18:17 PM »

I actually did have a panic attack after eating 2 chocolate mini rolls 🙈 I do leave big gaps with eating too…Yep, I definitely need to eat every 3 hours 👍 Thank you 💐 All your advice is sooo sensible, I’ve just never stopped and looked at my routine until now! I need more fresh in my diet, every day, but like you, I go off things the Im back to square one again. I’m blending lots of fruit at the moment x
Pages: 1 [2]