Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil Removal  (Read 763 times)

Fimble

Mirena Coil Removal
« on: February 01, 2023, 05:19:07 PM »

Hello Ladies
Advice please 🙏 I have had a mirena coil for 5 years and have booked to have it removed on Friday. I use 2 pumps of Eostrogel each morning and this regime seems to have worked well. I am 58 in June and have slight spotting rarely, but will I need a different type of progesterone once the coil is out?
Before the coil and oestrogel I tried several types of HRT in tablet form but the one that worked best was discontinued. Grateful for any advice  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mirena Coil Removal
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 06:59:33 PM »

Why not have the coil replaced?   If you have your womb you will require progesterone. 

Fimble

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 03:33:20 PM »

Hi Ladies, further to my mirena removal, my GP prescribed Utrogeston. I took them orally for a few days and felt terrible so tried vaginally (having read on this forum) 100mg for a couple of nights but woke the following morning’s with the worst headache 🤕 I used to take 2 pumps oestrogel each morning but reduced down to roughly half a pump each morning as I am not taking progesterone and worried about my womb lining thickness. Also, I have had two normal periods in March and April and am almost 58! I would rather not have another mirena but is this my only option? Grateful for any advice  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »

Sorry to hear this Fimble. If you have a look on the home page you can find a link to all the HRT preparations.

Fimble

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 04:23:32 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake 😊