Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help - Combined HRT: Exhaustion & leg inflammation  (Read 906 times)

Nairn

Help - Combined HRT: Exhaustion & leg inflammation
« on: October 16, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »

Hi, grateful for shared experience.  Moved this year to combined HRT.  Initially Femonston conti, and most recently patches when they became available,  Evoril conti - prescribed by meno consultant.  I have had to stop the patches after a month as my legs & joints have become inflamed and retaining water, especially knees in  - total agony . The water retention has become so bad that I’m now on water tablets to move it and no HRT - until, it all clears  - the  worse of all worlds

Has anyone else experienced this - from googling it seems that some oestrogens can cause this? I’m at my wits end as my legs are incredibly sore and all joints from the hips down feel locked - even walking hurts & permanently exhausted - needless to say I’m not much fun. All bloods are normal and I take multivitamin etc.

Appreciative of any help.  I’ve been in menopause for 8 years now and had hoped I was coming through it but feel it’s back to square 1.  work full time in a really busy job and it’s really hard at the moment
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:12:42 PM by Nairn »

Hurdity

Re: Help - Combined HRT: Exhaustion & leg inflammation
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:41:26 AM »

Hi Nairn

Your post got missed. Looks like there isn't anyone reading who had had this experience. Sorry to hear about the water retention and how it's affecting your work and life.

Has the doc suggested any other cause eg are you overweight etc? Do you take much exercise?

Did this happen when you were on cyclical HRT which your post suggested you were before starting the conti? If not can you return to this? I presume the consultant has suggested it could be the continuous progestogen causing this especially if it didn't happen on cyclical HRT and no other cause has been found?

Do report back on how you're feeling now and whether the water retention has lessened?

Sorry I can't be of more help

Hurdity x

melois

• First Flush
Re: Help - Combined HRT: Exhaustion & leg inflammation
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 07:23:47 PM »

Hi I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it??