Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Just wondered - how many of us are still having periods in their late 50s?  (Read 546 times)

Clovie

Hello

As the title says.
Reason for post is that I was made to feel like a bit freakish today for 'thinking' I am still menstruating regularly. My periods have not stopped and restarted or anything, they've never stopped.
Being sent for investigations as I MUST have something wrong :(  I do realise that the doctor is just trying to take care of me but why couldn't I possibly still be having a period?
Does anyone know the stats?  A link to them. or a bell curve graph or anything?
All I can find is most women go through menopause age 51

Feeling a bit lonely stunned and confused, don't know anyone else with this issue to chat to...

Thank you

« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:22:31 PM by Clovie »

Jenna

Re: Just wondered - how many of us are still having periods in their late 50s?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 03:51:37 PM »

Hello

As the title says.
Reason for post is that I was made to feel like a bit freakish today for 'thinking' I am still menstruating regularly. My periods have not stopped and restarted or anything, they've never stopped.
Being sent for investigations as I MUST have something wrong :(  I do realise that the doctor is just trying to take care of me but why couldn't I possibly still be having a period?

Feeling a bit lonely stunned and confused, don't know anyone else with this issue to chat to...

Thank you

There’s lots of helpful information on this thread, Clovie:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,57021.msg806913.html#msg806913

Clovie

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 04:08:51 PM »

Hello

As the title says.

Thank you

There’s lots of helpful information on this thread, Clovie:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,57021.msg806913.html#msg806913

This is brilliant, thank you Jenna :) 
I did do a search but obviously for some reason my choices of search terms precluded this thread  :)

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 05:15:16 PM »

You’re welcome, Clovie!

If you would like any more information on this, just search for Late menopause posts by Machair.  :)