Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice with medication please  (Read 593 times)

Kimbo76

• First Flush
Advice with medication please
« on: January 31, 2023, 08:16:48 PM »

Hello ladies

I am new to this site and new to my meds.
I didn't receive many instructions or advice. The pharmacist just said all the information was inside the boxes
I started Evorel 25 patches beginning of January and  Utrogestan 100 on day 1 of my period. On day 11 of these I spotted and day 12 started a period again. Now on day 3 of this 'period'.
Is this normal and when would I expect my next period?
Also not sure when I start the next 12 day course?  Is it always on or close to day 1 of your period.
Hope this all makes sense? 
Thanks for any advice.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice with medication please
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 08:30:50 PM »

Clear as mud ain't it  ::)

:welcomemm:   Hopefully some1 will be along with advice.  If not let me know!

Kimbo76

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 08:15:26 PM »

Thankyou

Ecl

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 11:30:17 PM »

Hello akimbo,
I am on Evorel and utrogestan. You use the Evorel continuously, but there are different regimes for utrogestan. I assume as you have been given 100 that you are postmeno and to take the utrogestan daily? This is called continuous HRT, the other option is to take 200 daily for 12 days then stop and restart on day 1 again ( of a 28 day cycle). This is called cyclic or sequential HRT. For me, I start the utrogestan on the same day as a new box of patches and take them for 12 days then stop. My period usually comes in the middle of the utrogestan phase. I then start utrogestan again 4 weeks after I last started it so I will have 13 utrogestan phases a year. Some women can do it by date and always start it on the same date each month, they will have12 cycles a year.
When you start HRT you are usually warned that there may be unusual bleeding for a few months and not to worry, however if it lasts longer than a few months to speak to your gp. You should also have been advised to keep to a routine if you can for that 3 months and not try different things. Hope this helps