Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Will I get bleeds on Cerelle and Evorel Sequi?  (Read 1015 times)

SwimyAlice

Will I get bleeds on Cerelle and Evorel Sequi?
« on: January 31, 2023, 07:23:48 PM »

Hello everyone - my first post, my first steps with HRT - so be gentle with me!
I'm 47 just about to start Evorel Sequi 50 patch and am staying on Cerelle for contraception which I've been on for a few years (and LOVE not having periods and all that went with them!). Am I right in thinking that I likely won't get breakthrough bleeds because I'm on Cerelle, or should I stock back up on pad/tampons etc and feeling the old 'special' period like joys again because the patches will make me bleed?
My Dr eventually after researching and asking colleagues came back to say I could combine the two but this didn't fill me with confidence that they knew for sure and as ever a very rushed appt meant I didn't get a clear answer to my bleed questions?!?! BTW I am not interested in the coil as essentially happy on Cerelle and don't want stuff stuck up me ;) BUT I do have menopausal symptoms I would like to see off - sleep probs, low energy, stubborn weight gain (despite being VERY active and eating healthily), dry skin/brittle nails, brain fog/concentration prob etc.
Am I simply asking too much, wanting it all to not have bleeds AND feel more my old self??!! OR should I just suck up the menopausal symptoms, or are there alternatives?
Also I have read somewhere there is Evorel sequi 25 - should I have been started on that rather than 50? I am only little but then my Dr never actually saw me in person  :-\
Any real world experience/advice much appreciated - thank you so much!!
Alice x
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:37:26 PM by SwimyAlice »

Taz2

Re: Will I get bleeds on Cerelle and Evorel Sequi?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 08:40:33 PM »

Hi SwimyAlice.  :welcomemm:

Just a quick reply but I've found this thread from a while back which might answer some of your questions https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44054.0.html

It's great you've found this site and forum as I'm sure there wil be other questions we can answer.  :)

Taz x

SwimyAlice

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 09:39:06 PM »

Thanks Taz - yes that one lady seems to have had a month with no bleed before dropping the POP - anyone else bleed free on the POP Sequi combo - or am I 'special'!?  ;D

GraceM

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 03:36:26 PM »

The fact that you are on Everol Sequi as opposed to Everol Conti may well cause bleeding as you will be on a regime which allows for a bleed.  I have seen people on Cerazette (POP) start on continuous hrt regime as opposed to cyclical, as they are not having periods due to the POP.  Maybe its worth mentioning to your doctor. 

SwimyAlice

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 08:14:12 AM »

Thanks Grace, I think I'll see how it goes and speak to them again if it's not agreeable :)

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 01:50:51 PM »

I was going to say what GraceM has said….I seem to remember reading that if you don’t get bleeding on the mini pill and are still taking it then you can go onto continuous HRT.

SwimyAlice

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 04:54:23 PM »

Super, thanks Dotty! I am talking to a prescribing nurse in a couple of weeks time as my swimming/fitness lifestyle means the patches are sliding off super easily - I will bring up the continuous HRT as that makes perfect sense!! Hoping to change to gel + progesterone pill top up