Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Alternative to hrt  (Read 552 times)

melaniemas

• First Flush
Alternative to hrt
« on: January 31, 2023, 03:01:30 PM »

Hi, I was on Evorel conti for 6 months but had to come off because of a cyst which caused bleeding. My doctor won’t put me back on until I have seen a gynaecologist but there’s a really long wait.  Can anyone recommend any herbal alternatives that work, mainly for sleeping, mood swings and anxiety. Thank you

jaypo

Re: Alternative to hrt
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 03:26:16 PM »

Can you take CBD gummies? I'm not on HRT but since taking the CBD my anxiety has diminished a lot,also evening primrose oil capsules are good.Sleeping is more difficult,I occasionally take a Benadryl the one with acrivastin,it's not supposed to be a sleepy one but a few of us on here take it.
Also you get a behind the counter nytol but I'd always check with the pharmacist first

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 04:05:57 PM »

Ask your GP for a referral to an NHS dedicated menopause clinic, again there are waiting lists.

Also: if U R able to take a cancellation appt., ring the Clinic and tell them.  A Gynaecologist isn't the best line of action which your GP should be aware of.  They often don't know much more than GPs  ::)

melaniemas

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 06:05:19 PM »

Thank you for your reply ladies. Not sure about CBD but will look into it.
Good idea about ringing for a cancellation, I’ll try tomorrow.
When/if I get the all clear from the gynaecologist, I’m going to do estrogen patches and have a Mirena coil fitted, I also had phlebitis in my leg so can’t do any tablets, doctor is quite good about the menopause options but she wants a gynaecologist to look at the cyst so don’t think I need a referral for a menopause clinic.