Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Looking for advice - symptoms back despite HRT  (Read 575 times)

lucie79

• First Flush
Looking for advice - symptoms back despite HRT
« on: January 30, 2023, 01:44:08 PM »

Hello ladies

Looking for some advice or thoughts.

I went on HRT as I was struggling with anxiety, crying spells and brain fog.  I've been on it for over a year and been pretty good apart from last September the crying spells came back (couldn't stop crying at work etc).  I got back on track and was fine till last week when the same is happing again - I'm very anxious and crying a lot.

Nothing has changed in my personal life and I'm sure it's hormonal.  I'm wondering whether as things are progressing and symptoms coming back I need more estrogen

I'm on Evorel 50 and I take Utrogestan daily vaginally.  I know taking utrogestan every day is usually for post menopausal women - I do still bleed occasionally but not very often and I can cope with some break through bleeding

Because I have endo my consultant recommended taking progesterone all the time without breaks would help

What I'm wondering is whether I should just cut a 50 patch in half and stick on 1 and a half patches to see if it brings relief at equivalent of 75 patch

I have an appointment coming up in a couple of weeks with GP but wondering if people had any advice on whether just to try this

I wasn't sure if progesterone should increase when estrogen does or if I'd be fine to do this

Any help really appreciated as I'm struggling at the moment.  I've had to take some leave from work cause I just can't stop crying!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Looking for advice - symptoms back despite HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 02:20:44 PM »

Keep the same progesterone.

Add an extra half patch a few times a week, not every night initially of the body may feel over loaded.

U could type the names of the products into the search box:separately: to see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 02:37:39 PM »

Normally I would say add an extra half patch as your symptoms are no longer under control. The only thing I'm not sure about is the endo and if you should increase prog too because of it, hopefully someone will be along soon with experience of it. Probably increasing for a fortnight until your appointment won't do any harm.

lucie79

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 04:36:00 PM »

Thank you ladies appreciate the thoughts