Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello ❤️  (Read 1184 times)

Mrstomhardy50

Hello ❤️
« on: January 30, 2023, 11:33:22 AM »

Good Morning,

I'm new to the forum, I'm almost 50 and am peri menopausal.  I have tons of symptoms but mainly struggling massively with what I believe is vaginal atrophy.  I have reached out to my gp about 2 years ago however she kind of dismissed the possibility of HRT and as I live in a small village transferring to a different practice is near to impossible.

I have reached out to my gp today as I believe I have vaginal atrophy. Menopause is such a lonely place as noone really tells you what to expect/what is normal.

Thank you for reading xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: Hello ❤️
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 11:37:12 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry your GP has dismissed you like that. I have found many GPs do not seem to understand vaginal atrophy which is very frustrating. Is it possible to simply request treatment? With VA you do not need an examination. I would just say you would like them to prescribe you Vagifem and Ovestin. Vagifem is a pessary which can be inserted and Ovestin is a cream which is good for putting on the outer bits.

I can understand what you mean about menopause feeling lonely. You will find lots of support on here. :)

I have just remembered. There is another pessary by the name Gina which can be bought over the counter. I think you may have to be 50 though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 12:23:56 PM »

I have answered in your other thread ;-).  I think  ::)

Mrstomhardy50

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 05:18:20 PM »

Thank you so much both of you xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 08:18:46 PM »

Hello, love the name.  ;D Love Tom Hardy myself 😍
 :welcomemm:

Glad you’ve found us.
Post any questions you want to, someone’s always on to offer advice.
Most of us knew nothing about menopause, you’re not alone in that.
Hope you get what you need from your GP. 🤞🏼🙏🏼

Jd xx

Bindi

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 12:13:24 PM »

Hi mrsstrom
Insist on the cream for your VA..it took me 4yrs and a few nasty what i thout were UTI to get to were i am know 7mths later...im 59 post meno..i was tested and prodded ..until one day i just said no more i want some sort of hrt without going the big guns..ive ended up with esteriol cream (ovestin  vaginally) which hasnt fixed me! ..but i feel so much better its taken the edge off what was going on..aches pains VA brain fog sleepless nights..im one of the lucky ones i guess..this little thing is helping so im just going with it ATM..i also know it can get worse ..im only nearly 5 yrs into postmeno..a gyno told me it can go on for yrs depending on the person 🤪 how lucky are we to be females 🙄 altho i wouldnt give up my babies for quids. . And sry welcome hun to the forum it is my read before bed and hopefully😉 hopefully a nights sleep full of gd tid bits for everyone 😅

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 12:21:45 PM »

Bindi - how often are U using VA treatment? 

Bindi

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 12:27:50 PM »

Hi clkd
I am useing it every second night sometimes only half a load depends on how im feeling to be honest sometimes its every 3 days .My dr said we may try some tibolone to see how i go if i want but have to do some blood checks and i think she is a bit reluctant due to before the ovestin my bp was flatuating alot which has now started to settle so another gd thing has come from it.Im due for another appt soon and going to ask for a scan even tho she has told me i dont need to wry about prog as its not systemic but im obviously absorbing well and jyst want to make sure all is ok.