Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patch supply issues  (Read 671 times)

flossie fiddler

Patch supply issues
« on: January 30, 2023, 09:22:11 AM »

UPDATE IN CASE IT HELPS ANYONE ELSE
Had a long chat with the pharmacist at Boots, and she suggested always try your independent pharmacies, rather than bigger ones like Boots, Lloyds etc, as they use different suppliers. I rang two local pharmacies and both were able to get supplies within a day. It’s a shame we have to do all this legwork ourselves, but it’s worth it.  I just hope that the Nurse doesn’t change my meds again this time, as we’re still tweaking.

=============
Help, Hive mind!

HRT review tomorrow, and last time I had to ring 9 pharmacies before I found one that could get me the patches I needed (Evorel 50). In preparation, I’ve rung the same pharmacy today to check on supplies before I go, and they have absolutely no 50s and can’t get them. She told me they have loads of 100s and loads of Conti though. (Still tweaking my HRT as Conti made me bleed, so currently on Evorel 50 and Utrogestan).

Is it Ok to cut one in half? If so I’ll suggest to my HRT nurse tomorrow.

Are there any alternative patches to Evorel that I can suggest?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 10:14:29 AM by flossie fiddler »

Flossieteacake

Re: Patch supply issues
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 11:14:15 AM »

Yes I have cut my patches many times. An alternative to Evorel is Estradot and Estraderm.

I hope your review goes well tomorrow.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 01:07:24 PM »

Another alternative is Femseven.

It’s always a good idea to ring round pharmacies x

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 03:16:29 PM »

The independents can use any suppliers they like, and are not restricted as to where they source their supplies. Boots staff can only use a couple and the same would apply to Lloyd's. My indie goes from one supplier to another until he gets what he requires 😊. Trying to get Estradot from Boots has been difficult ever since The Great Patch Shortage of 2019  ::)
JP x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 09:21:12 AM »

Thanks all, for the heads up about alternatives. My nurse is really switched on, but it’s good to go armed with info. The pharmacy that I now have as my nominated one have ordered in supplies yesterday, so that when they get my script (fingers crossed it going to be the same HRT) they’ll be able to dispense immediately. So helpful on the phone.