Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Night sweats - How long?  (Read 999 times)

Vicky81

Night sweats - How long?
« on: February 01, 2023, 09:12:11 AM »

Hello all

So i have been on 62.5mg patch (cutting a piece out of another to make the dose as 50mg was too low), then moved up to 65 mg one week ago. I am still having night/early hours sweats in bed...its really annoying, plus dont seem to have much "go in me" or enthusiasm (even though alot better than i was)

I know the rule is 3 months, but should mine have gone from the beginning? or is this indicating that i have low oestrogen (absolutely shattered as i write this) ? x

VanillaLover

Re: Night sweats - How long?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 09:43:00 AM »

Hi, I found I was still having improvements 3,6 months after starting HRT so I would def give it longer.

I did find the night sweats were a bit resistant to going though in my case I must say. I chose not to increase HRT beyond 50 patch and started venlafaxine for mood problems….that reduced the night sweats down to very rare as a happy side effect (that’s why I chose it to try over others ADs as it is known to help with vasomotor symptoms).

One thing I found REALLY REALLY helped was getting a wool duvet. You use the same duvet all year round summer and winter, I found it helps so much with the thermoregulation. In fact if I sleep in a bed with a synthetic duvet now I do find the night sweats return!  One of the best things I ever bought. Even my husband loves it.

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 10:23:14 AM »

Ah thanks Vanilla! xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 12:15:37 PM »

Flushes usually go within a couple of weeks, other symptoms can take much longer. It's only a small increase so perhaps it isn't enough.

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 09:01:10 AM »

Hi Vicky,
I have been on HRT for a year, first on 50, then increased to a bit less than 75, then back on 50. Still have some night/early morning sweats, more like heat than sweating.  I used to have terrible hot flushes all the time so this is not as bad, but I am not sure how to get it right. When I was on higher patch I had a bleed and my breasts were very sore (Post meno - continuous HRT), nothing sinister, due to Utrogestan being too low on 100. Tried to take 2 Utrogestans and breasts became sore again. I think i will have to carry on with Estrodot 50 and Utrogestan as this is least disruptive and cope with some night sweats. Energy levels are not that great, I assume HRT is not answer to everything...

Stella2

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 09:20:20 AM »

I hope you don't mind Vicky to ask VanillaLover a question on your thread.
I am looking into getting a wool duvet but I am not sure which tog to go for. Would you know? I read that they should work all year round but they are still sold in light, medium and heavy. I think medium is 10.5 tog. Just worried not to be too hot x

VanillaLover

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 11:18:36 AM »

Hello, oh gosh I’m not sure....I’ll have a look and see if I can find the one I bought.

VanillaLover

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 11:22:06 AM »

Found it....it was a Fogarty one from Dunelm. They don’t have tog ratings though just one sort. When I unpacked it I thought it would be far too hot for summer and too thin for winter....amazingly it does work though.

Stella2

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 02:00:59 PM »

Lovely, thank you so much, I just saw one 10.5, that might be too hot.

Stella2

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 03:14:16 PM »

I just ordered it and looking forward to a good night sleep! x

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 08:06:00 PM »

Hello all

So i have been on 62.5mg patch (cutting a piece out of another to make the dose as 50mg was too low), then moved up to 65 mg one week ago. I am still having night/early hours sweats in bed...its really annoying, plus dont seem to have much "go in me" or enthusiasm (even though alot better than i was)

I know the rule is 3 months, but should mine have gone from the beginning? or is this indicating that i have low oestrogen (absolutely shattered as i write this) ? x
I found that when my doctor gradually upped the estrogen dose, once I got on the right dose, all physical symptoms disappeared, pretty much straight away.

I had to have my patch reduced gradually, as I kept bleeding, and got night sweats back again.
I do get the occasional brown discharge, suggesting, too much oestrogen, on the one hand, yet, at the same time, I get night sweats, which suggest not enough oestrogen, so, two contradictory things happening at the same time.