Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleed came early on Evorel Sequi, question  (Read 1831 times)

KaraShannon

Bleed came early on Evorel Sequi, question
« on: January 30, 2023, 12:14:36 AM »

Hi everyone

I am on my 4th norehisterone patch for this month (the progesterone phase).  My period has started today, my 4th patch begun today. 

Normally the period starts on the first day of the estradiol patch, but that won't be till Thursday. 

Does anyone know if there is a time when the bleed should occur while on evorel sequi?  I feel a bit rough, nausea, but it's a hormone nausea, not upset stomach.  Also yesterday I didn't eat because the food smelt funny.  I've had this before around the time of my period, it just seems stronger this month.  It's usually not as big a deal to stop me eating.

I have halved the supplemental estradiol this month, so maybe it's that. 

Anyway, just wondering if the bleed can occur on the last norehisterone patch.  I will find out but just wondered if anyone knows. 

Lastly I've definitely not messed the patch sequence up, I've triple checked on a calendar. 

Thanks everyone  :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 12:18:37 AM by KaraShannon »

flossie fiddler

Re: Bleed came early on Evorel Sequi, question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 10:26:42 AM »

When I was on Evorel Sequi, my bleed always started on the 4th week of the cycle. It’s the progesterone that instigates the bleed.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 10:34:00 AM »

It's the withdrawal of the progesterone which starts the bleed hence the term 'withdrawal bleed' but if you still have your own cycle going on then often this overrides the HRT cycle

Taz x

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 01:22:51 PM »

When I was on Evorel Sequi, my bleed always started on the 4th week of the cycle. It’s the progesterone that instigates the bleed.

Hi flossie

So this sounds about right to you?  I've got till Thursday before the estradiol patch.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 01:49:54 PM »

It's the withdrawal of the progesterone which starts the bleed hence the term 'withdrawal bleed' but if you still have your own cycle going on then often this overrides the HRT cycle

Taz x

Interesting, thanks Taz

It seems to have stopped today, it's done that before and then comes again with the estradiol patch, so who knows whether my own cycle is at play.  Maybe it's just my body getting ready for the end of progesterone.  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 02:48:24 PM »

It sounds as though your own cycle is out of step with the hrt one. I've had this before too, one bleed from my own cycle then another from withdrawal of progestogen in the patch.

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 03:46:23 PM »

Thanks Sheila99

It's kind of gone today so hoping it's a bit of a blip?  Normally it's beginning by Day 1 of the estradiol patch, so I am hoping I'm not too much out of sync?  I don't like the idea of being out of sync with a natural cycle. 

But I like the idea that there's still something of a natural cycle  ;D

flossie fiddler

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 06:28:19 PM »

It was normal for me, same pattern every month, but as others said, your own cycle might be over-riding the HRT

Hi flossie

So this sounds about right to you?  I've got till Thursday before the estradiol patch.

KaraShannon

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 02:22:18 AM »

thanks Flossie, it might be normal for me, I'll keep an eye on it  :-)