Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estriol oil vaginal use questions  (Read 1756 times)

Gem2

Estriol oil vaginal use questions
« on: January 29, 2023, 10:00:38 AM »

Morning 😊 I've started estriol oil 0.5 mg, using vaginally for dryness and progesterone too. Question is do I use the estriol at night or in morning? Currently using in morning and rubbing into opening. How soon after can I wee? Or should I use before bed along with progesterone that i use topically on body?? Im getting some very mild lower stomach aches straight after estriol use, is this my mind playing tricks or normal. Thanks so much x

Flossieteacake

Re: Estriol oil vaginal use questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 10:07:33 AM »

You can use it whenever you find helpful, day or night. I try to wait 30 minutes before going to the bathroom.

The stomach ache could be your body getting used to it. If it is mild then hopefully it will soon pass.😀

Gem2

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 12:11:37 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake 👍 sorry TMI but do I just put in/on the vaginal opening ?? X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 01:03:23 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake 👍 sorry TMI but do I just put in/on the vaginal opening ?? X

I mix mine with a little moisuriser such as Yes or Sylk and put it on the inner lips and also insert it.

It is not too much information at all. Please ask what you like. :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 01:45:21 PM »

Hi Gem2.  Estriol Oil? I think most of us here will be using a prescribed estriol cream on the vulva, so would not have any experience of your product. I don't have any idea how the product you have compares with either Ovestin or the weaker generic estiol cream. However, someone here might know of it and be able to advise. (Are there no instructions at all?)
Just a thought, but if you are a member of the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group, you might find someone there who has experience of your product, as they have more of an international membership than the Forum 😊.
Sorry I can't help further.
JP x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 01:53:04 PM »

Hi Gem2.  Estriol Oil? I think most of us here will be using a prescribed estriol cream on the vulva, so would not have any experience of your product. I don't have any idea how the product you have compares with either Ovestin or the weaker generic estiol cream. However, someone here might know of it and be able to advise. (Are there no instructions at all?)
Just a thought, but if you are a member of the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group, you might find someone there who has experience of your product, as they have more of an international membership than the Forum 😊.
Sorry I can't help further.
JP x

I googled estriol oil and could not find anything so thought Gem may mean the cream. You make a good point Joainepat.

From reading your old posts Gem I found the product you are using. This is what the instructions say:
Apply 2-5 drops, 1-2 times daily or as recommended by your health care professional.

Sorry, I should have paid more attention to you saying 'oil'.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 02:00:18 PM by Flossieteacake »

Gem2

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 03:07:58 PM »

Thanks both, really appreciate your info. Yep, can use the oil same as the cream, it was really about when and exactly where that I wasn't sure about. This is a great resource x

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 06:59:22 PM »

Perhaps best to apply some last thing at night, so that you don't 'lose' it when going for a wee. I should think you could use it all over the vulva, urethra, clitoral hood, wherever you feel you would benefit. Not sure about internally though, nor about how long it would take to absorb. With a cream it would take a couple of hours to absorb the estriol. Anyway, I hope the oil works well for you.
Re the mild lower stomach aches, perhaps this is because you are touching a sore and sensitive area, and that is causing your pelvic floor to tighten (ie, you are getting a guarding reaction). I expect that will wear off over time.
Good detective work, Flossieteacake 😊.
JP x

Gem2

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 09:14:01 AM »

Thanks Joaniepat 👍 and can I use both the estriol and the progesterone at the same time before bed? I think I've read the estriol can cause stomach cramps until your body gets used to it. I was using it topically for a while but didn't have the cramps. Thanks x

Gem2

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 09:33:07 AM »

Morning. Me again, looking for more advice...as I said previously I was using the estriol oil for about a month topically but never really had any symptoms from it but after just using for a week vaginally I'm having a return of hot flushes, and now have discharge too..my sleep is still rubbish which started when I began using the estriol topically. Is this all normal ? Is this normal and is it the 'loading' I have heard of ? Thankyou x

Gem2

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 11:57:46 AM »

...forgot to mention, since starting the estriol I've also had to get up in the night again for a wee even whilst restricting liquids at night, is this a normal reaction to the estriol or could it be the progesterone cream I've been using alongside? Think thats it  ::) ...Thanks again x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 03:13:34 PM »

...forgot to mention, since starting the estriol I've also had to get up in the night again for a wee even whilst restricting liquids at night, is this a normal reaction to the estriol or could it be the progesterone cream I've been using alongside? Think thats it  ::) ...Thanks again x

This is a little tricky to answer as I do not know how many members are using the oil you use. We all seem to use cream or pessaries. Hopefully if somebody uses the oil they will reply to your thread.