Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everol patches headaches  (Read 552 times)

Carabelle

Everol patches headaches
« on: January 28, 2023, 06:38:22 PM »

Started on the patches today. OMG my head is banging!! Please tell me this will ease off!!!!  :-\
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 06:40:13 PM by Carabelle »

Hurdity

Re: Everol patches headaches
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 03:53:17 PM »

Hi Carabelle

What sort of Evorel patches have you got? Evorel conti or sequi (if the latter then you would start with Evorel 50)? It does happen that some women suffer side effects when they first start taking HRT - and headaches are very common. These can be due either to the sudden rise in oestrogen or the effects of the progestogen (if you are taking Evorel conti). Hopefully yes, as your body acclimatises the headache should ease. In the meantime hopefully you have some painkillers - don't be afraid to take them for 24 hours....(or a bit longer if needed).

I hope it's better today!

Hurdity x

Carabelle

Re: Everol patches headaches
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 05:33:56 PM »

Hi Carabelle

What sort of Evorel patches have you got? Evorel conti or sequi (if the latter then you would start with Evorel 50)? It does happen that some women suffer side effects when they first start taking HRT - and headaches are very common. These can be due either to the sudden rise in oestrogen or the effects of the progestogen (if you are taking Evorel conti). Hopefully yes, as your body acclimatises the headache should ease. In the meantime hopefully you have some painkillers - don't be afraid to take them for 24 hours....(or a bit longer if needed).

I hope it's better today!

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity.

Thank you for your message and reassuring words. I’m on Everol Conti and like you say, the headache will just probably be a reaction to the new patch. It was still there this morning but has eased off as the day has passed. Thankfully!
Onwards and upwards! x