Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello...and help  (Read 1301 times)

Frippsmum

• First Flush
Hello...and help
« on: January 28, 2023, 04:52:25 AM »

Hi. Lovely to meet you all  :) I'm 50 and deep in peri. It's causing me problems in my marriage and I need help. I've been experiencing such terrible rage and brain fog. I forget things, I get so irritated, I feel I've lost interest in everything. My husband is at the end of his tether and I feel so terrible about it. But I don't know what to do. Currently taking the progesterone only pill (Cerazette) for my heavy and painful periods and I also have high blood pressure so I don't know if I can even take HRT and if I can, what type I need. There seems to be so many variations out there and quite frankly my GP is useless. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. X

Maestra

• First Flush
Re: Hello...and help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 06:53:37 AM »

Welcome Frippsmum! I’m new too and not that clued up as I’ve only just started HRT.
I have been taking Menoserene for a while and that helped with the hot flushes, the name suggests it might help soothe you too. I got it through Healthspan and Amazon.
Sending hugs, I hope today is a good one x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 08:01:15 AM »

Hi Frippsmum. Sorry to hear of your peri experience so far but you have come to the right place for support and advice.

How long have you been on Cerazette and has your mood changed since you started it? Also, have your heavy periods been investigated to check for fibroids?

If your high blood pressure is controlled first then HRT can be prescribed. You might find this info useful https://www.bloodpressureuk.org/news/news/blood-pressure-the-menopause-and-hrt-.html Are you on medication for it?

Sorry about all of the questions!  :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Frippsmum

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 08:22:40 AM »

Hi Frippsmum. Sorry to hear of your peri experience so far but you have come to the right place for support and advice.

How long have you been on Cerazette and has your mood changed since you started it? Also, have your heavy periods been investigated to check for fibroids?

If your high blood pressure is controlled first then HRT can be prescribed. You might find this info useful https://www.bloodpressureuk.org/news/news/blood-pressure-the-menopause-and-hrt-.html Are you on medication for it?

Sorry about all of the questions!  :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:
Hi. I do have fibroids, which were causing my heavy periods. The Cerazette has all but stopped them, which is a real blessing, but I have noticed an increase in low mood since I've been taking it. However my periods were so awful that the trade off is worth it.

I take medication for high blood pressure.

The rage and the brain fog are my main problems. My marriage has always been a little rocky but this has made it worse. I just feel so irritated all the time. And my forgetfulness causes problems too. Things like forgetting the sleeping bags when we go camping  that sort of thing.

Just a nightmare. I never thought I could feel so bad. X

Frippsmum

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 08:24:02 AM »

Welcome Frippsmum! I’m new too and not that clued up as I’ve only just started HRT.
I have been taking Menoserene for a while and that helped with the hot flushes, the name suggests it might help soothe you too. I got it through Healthspan and Amazon.
Sending hugs, I hope today is a good one x
Thank you. Definitely worth looking into x

Frippsmum

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 08:39:53 AM »

Sorry, I don't know how to quote properly, I've probably done this wrong  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 08:45:01 AM »

Hello Frippsmum and welcome. You can take HRT along with cerezette. You can actually take two cerezzete as the progesterone part of HRT but I am not sure if that would lower your mood further.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 08:55:35 AM »

Morning.  Why is your husband at the end of his tether  :-\.  Men don't seem capable of trotting along to the GP to discuss  ::).

Do print off 'advice for husbands' from the Forum.  Read and hand over to the men in your life.   :welcomemm:

As we go into peri-menopause - those years B4 the last monthly period - moods can alter as hormone levels change.  Skin may become dry: inside and out and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Tolerance of alcohol may alter (sorry  :-\) and the gut may become sensitive to foods.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  It may be wise Frippsmum to ask your GP/Nurse Practitioner for a dedicated medication to stop the bleeding, also, do you know why you have a high blood pressure and have you been prescribed medication to adjust this?  Is the BP high in the surgery but not on a home monitor for example.  White Coat Syndrome is common.

You don't need to worry about quoting ;-).  Simply reply as you go along.

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 11:32:59 AM »

:welcomemm:
I was pretty much the same as you except for the heavy and painful periods and hrt gave me my life back. It sounds as though you need to add oestrogen now. Transdermal is safer than oral so you could ask for a patch, gel or spray. As long as your BP is controlled there's no problem taking it.